Pip

Sunday, February 06, 2011



UPDATE AND TRAINING WEEK 4 PROGRAM:

Howdy, first up the pic of me is just a random I took quickly 30 mins ago using the self timer mode for the first time with this camera. So please excuse the background mess, I do like the wide angle on this camera now. Hair is getting longer I see and these are jeans I haven't gotten into for a few months! Size 11 Just Jeans ones but I'd have to say they are a big fit cause I'm still more a size 12 in most bottoms and more a 13 I think in most Levis. I can see arms and shoulders toning up.

Now regarding last week I'd give myself a 7/10 again. Am still disappointed I haven't gotten to the pool but that situation is gonna change! One of BF's and now my friends has offered to give me some swimming training and she is an elite swimmer who used to represent Australia. We've just got to organise a time we are free.
Am very happy to have got to Body Pump last week and very happy to manage 20 push ups on toes. I still need to work on organisation and prioritising training but am liking my discipline to do at least 80% of what I set out to do! Last night was BF's 30th party which was a fun night at our place with just over 30 guests. He had a rissole party, (he loves them and made a heap!!!) We had beef ones, chicken ones and lamb ones. Also heaps of ham, BBQ cold chickens, a big garden salad with all sorts of goodies, heaps of potato salad, nibblies, pavlova, cheesecake and lemon meriange cake for dessert with heaps of beer and wine. So I had a bit more than norm to eat yesterday night but not out of control. There are heaps of leftovers so need to be very careful not to overdo it and stay in control! Now that's a challenge! With the wine leftovers I want to limit it to one bottle a week ideally to be enjoyed over 2 nights, (Friday/Saturday) and no more than 2 beers a week unless there are social functions. I weighed in yesterday morning at 72.1kg but I'm sure that would have spiked by a kilo or so today.

I think for the eventual goal I'm looking at getting down to the range of about 64-68kg and under 25% body fat. If I comfortably go under that and get near 60kg I'd love that too but if I maintained that 64-68 range while feeling fit with body fat under 25% I would be stoked. I want to maintain a minimum of at least 3 intense cardio workouts of at least 30 mins each, and a minimum of 2 resistance intense sessions of at least 15 mins each every week. When training for events or wanting to reduce fat or in the mood I will do more but if I ever slow down I need to keep to my minimum workout requirements unless of really proper reason. And of course keep up clean controlled diet with lots of water.

3.5 weeks till Adelaide! I'm really looking forward to that! Waitangi day in NZ as well!

TRAINING PLAN AS PER FOLLOWS:

MONDAY 7 FEB: 30 mins treadmill as fast as poss and 15 min resistance workout

ACTUAL: DID 30 MIN RUN ON TREADMILL. MANAGED 5.37KM TODAY, A BEST FOR A WHILE, THE FINAL 10 MINS ALMOST KILLED BUT DID IT. HAVE STRUGGLED TODAY, BEING A MONDAY ETC AND AT WORK. AM SAD TO HEAR AT THIS STAGE 59 HOMES HAVE BEEN BURNT DOWN BY PERTH HILLS LATEST BUSHFIRE, ANOTHER 28 HAVE BEEN BADLY DAMAGED AND THE NUMBERS SEEM TO KEEP INCREASING AT THE MOMENT. BF WAS OUT FIGHTING FIRES ALL LAST NIGHT AND IS AGAIN TONIGHT AFTER A 5 HOUR SLEEP IN THE DAY. DISASTERS WHERE PEOPLE EITHER LOSE LIVES OR ALL THEIR POSSESSIONS/LIVES SEEM TO BE KEEPING ON HAPPENING AT THE MOMENT. IT'S A BIT OF A FEELING OF 'WHAT'S NEXT'? I'VE BEEN FEELING LIKE DOWNING HEAPS OF THE PARTY FOOD LEFTOVERS...........A BIG GLORIOUS INDULGENCE I DON'T NEED TO PAY MORE CASH FOR! AND SWEETS AT WORK HAVE BEEN MORE MENTALLY INVITING THAN FOR A WHILE! I DIDN'T WEAKEN TO ANY MORE CAKE LEFTOVERS BUT MOST OF US FELT FLAT AT WORK AND I DID EAT HALF A MUFFIN MID ARVO. THEY HAD MY FAV FLAVOUR OF DOUBLE CHOC/CARAMEL AND I WEAKENED TO HALF, (OR MAYBE EVEN JUST A THIRD) OF ONE MUFFIN SHARED WITH OTHERS. HOWEVER AM PLEASED I MADE IT TO GYM FOR A HARD SLOG AND DIDN'T ALLOW MYSELF TO INDULGE IN LEFTOVERS WHEN HOME. THEREFORE STILL AM ON TRACK AND DIDN'T GET OUT OF CONTROL. REGRETS ABOUT MISSING RESISTANCE TRAINING...........VOUCH TO MAKE UP THIS SESSION LATER IN WEEK!

TUESDAY 8 FEB: Body Pump class and 10 mins rower

ACTUAL: CRAPOLA DAY, NO TRAINING, MUFFIN SCRAPS, CHOCOLATE, SKINNY MOCHAS AND CHEESE POPPED INTO DIET. HMM, TOO MUCH WINE LAST NIGHT AFTER MEANING ONLY TO HAVE A GLASS TO RELAX IN HEARING ABOUT BUSHFIRE DISASTERS, TOO MUCH EATING LEFTOVER CHEESECAKE AFTER WINE AT NIGHT AND CHICKEN AFTER WINE WHICH I BARELY BUT DO REMEMBER. FELT TIRED, LIKE CRAP ALL DAY WITH THOSE SELF LOATHING/UNDOING THOUGHTS ARRIVING! THE MORE I TRY NOT TO DWELL ON IT, THE MORE I SEEM TO BUT MUST BE BACK TO NORMAL TOMORROW

WEDNESDAY 9 FEB: Outdoor Run 9km hilly route

ACTUAL: HMMMM...............YOU PROB GET THE PICTURE!

THURSDAY 10 FEB: 30 mins turbo, 15 mins resistance training

ACTUAL:.................30 MINS TURBO. THIS IS CRAP............I VOW TO STICK TO MY NON-NEGOTIABLE RULES WHERE I CONTROL FOOD RATHER THAN THE OTHER WAY AROUND. OCCASIONALLY HARD WORK BUT SO WORTH IT! ENOUGH SAID. AIM FOR NO WEIGH IN TILL JUST PRIOR TO ADELAIDE AND WOULD BE STOKED TO BE DOWN UNDER 72kg AGAIN BY THEN AND STAY ON TRACK!

FRIDAY 11 FEB: Day off

SATURDAY 12 FEB: Pool, swimming 30 mins focussing on freestyle. May look up some drills but wanna keep heart rate up consistently

SUNDAY 13 FEB: Brick session of 20 mins turbo followed by 30 min run

* Thursdays resistance session can be transferred to Saturday if I really want!

3 comments:

Kristy said...

Wow Pip you are looking fantastic and is it only 3.5 weeks til you here, gee that time has flown. Can't wait for you to come and visit. It will be great to have you here :)

Magda said...

Hey Pip,

hoping we can catch up while you're in Adelaide.

Cheers

Magda

Teresa said...

I agree you look wonderful. All that hard work shows. Have a great week.