Pip

Sunday, January 30, 2011

TRAINING PLAN WEEK 3............AND WEEK 2 UPDATE.....

Howdy all! Week 2 I'd give about a 7/10 in effort. I went hardcore in the week, had the unfortunate phone drama on Thurs, Fri and Saturday. If tri training or half marathon or fitness training in a half serious mode..........carbs can't be substituted for alcohol either as a way to try to lose or at least control weight.
Prioritising and organisation to get things done needs to be key! Also I think I'm best to vary my training. IE, at least on the treadmill do intervals sometimes rather than just as far as I can in 30 mins. Swimming, - I blew off the session cause I heard the pool was busy but didn't find a way to fit my session in for the week. I have progressed well with resistance, my less fav training! Have now got pushup on toes PB up to 16!!! I reckon arms and shoulders are toning up nice. Weight was down at 72.9kg on Thurs but was annoyed to see it at 73.6 on Sat when still going hard............that's why I should keep off scales too much LOL! A big challenge for me is still to not let a little laziness turn into alot of laziness and bad habits and I'm succeeding with that. But still can do better to get more athlete like! Another thing as well as fatloss and fitness gain is I want to get resting heart rate down! I've always had a highish heart rate, (90-100bpm resting as a kid) and now can get it to 210bpm when I train at my most intense! Resting is about 75-76bpm when I first wake up. I'd like to get that well down into the 60's if poss. My heart rate monitor sometimes tells me I've trained at 98% of my max after a 50 min run when I log in my age etc! I do go hard but don't know if that's possible! Also maybe one or two morning training sessions a week could work on days I start at 8.30 or 9am.

Oh, a trainer would be nice...............but time to keep on trucking on....... Major goal is to get all sessions done at allocated time slots unless of a real decent reason, (disorganisation and moods don't count). Actually I forgot to get all my shift times so will update all week sessions tomorrow. However I will list tomorrow's.

WEEK 3 PLAN:

MONDAY: 30 min swim at pool swimming freestyle as best as poss! Not an option to skip it this time! 15 mins resistance workout in evening.

ACTUAL: OKAY, I STILL DIDN'T MAKE IT TO POOL! DIDN'T FIND GOGGLES AND CAP IN TIME BEFORE WORK AND BUS THIS MORN AND FORGOT ABOUT THEM LAST NIGHT, JUST REMEMBERING TOGS AND TOWEL! BUT DID 5.3KM OUTDOOR HILLY RUN FOLLOWED BY 18 MINS RESISTANCE TRAINING. I IMPROVED 1.5 MINS FROM THE SAME RUN TWO WEEKS AGO COMING IN WITH A TIME OF 32 MINS, 16 SECS. (GENERALLY I CAN RUN FASTER ON TREADMILL BUT THAT IS NORMAL) IMMEDIATE GOAL IS TO KEEP IMPROVING AND GET THAT UNDER 30 MINS. RESISTANCE TRAINING WAS HARD BUT IS COMING ALONG WELL! I BETTERED MY TOE PUSH UP PB AGAIN COMING IN WITH 18 CONSECUTIVE, (ALMOST 20)! THEN DROPPED DOWN STRAIGHT AWAY FOR 22 ON KNEES, THEN WASTED! THEN NORMAL SIT AGAINST WALL THING, PLANK, LUNGE VARIATIONS, VARIOUS CRUNCHES, TRICEP DIPS AND REPEAT! I DIDN'T GET BACK TO TOES BUT STILL MANAGED 30 CONSECUTIVE PUSHUPS ON KNEES SECOND ROUND. EATS ETC ON TRACK!

TUESDAY 1 FEB 2011: Plan to get out of work on time and make Body Pump! I'm excited about maybe being more supple this class with my improved pushup, lunge and plank ability and will ensure I try class with good weights. Am planning on at least 10 mins on rower after this class before bus! Will weigh in tomorrow morn being 1 Feb.

ACTUAL: COMPLETED THE 1 HOUR BODY PUMP CLASS, I NOTED GREAT IMPROVEMENT IN MY PUSH UP, PLANK AND LUNGE ABILITY IN PARTICULAR THIS CLASS WHICH WAS PLEASING AND GAVE CLASS HEAPS! DIDN'T MAKE IT TO ROWER, DECIDED ARMS WERE FAGGED AND DEAD FEELING! INSTEAD FOLLOWED PUMP WITH A 20 MIN RUN ON TREADMILL BEFORE HAVING TO GET BUS, - 3.65KM. ON TRACK WITH NUTRITION ETC.
FEB 1 2011 WEIGH IN THIS MORN WAS 72.5KG, (160lb). THAT COMPARES WITH DEC 31 2010 @ 74.5KG. 5CM OFF EACH WAIST AND STOMACH IN LAST 15 DAYS AS WELL!

WEDNESDAY 2 FEB: After I logged off yesterday I realised I hadn't posted up a training plan for today but it was too late to log into do it. Mentally I decided on running my 9km hilly run block. Actually it's a short tad over 9km.

ACTUAL: COMPLETED THE RUN! HEADED OFF AT 6PM AND IT WAS STILL 29.9 DEGREES SO I CARRIED A FULL WATER BOTTLE AND HOUSE KEYS. WOW, I'D NEVER RUN WITH A WATER SUCKER BOTTLE AT ALL AND I MUST SAY IT SUCKED! AFTER ABOUT 5KM I'D FINISHED THE WATER BUT WAS STILL CARRYING BOTTLE, KEYS AND EVENTUALLY SUNNIES AS THEY GOT SO FOGGED UP IN SWEAT! RAN IT ALL, PUSHED UP THE MANY RATHER STEEP HILLS QUITE HARDCORE, THE DOWNS WERE NICER! JUST ON ONE HOUR FOR COMPLETION TIME TODAY. EVENTUAL AIM IS TO GO UNDER 50 MINS FOR THIS BUT I EXPECT IT TO TAKE A WHILE. NUTRITION ON TRACK. FEEL A TAD GUILTY HAHA OVER THE 1 TEASPOON OF SPICY RED BOTTLE SAUCE I HAD WITH THE CHICKEN, VEG STIRFRY. I ALSO HAD LEMON JUICE AND CRACKED PEPPER AND WATER IN THE SAUCE BUT DID ADD ABOUT 15G FOUNTAIN SPICY RED SAUCE TO WHOLE DINNER MIX TO SIMMER FOR A BIT NOT TO FREAK BF OUT ABOUT TOTALLY CLEAN FOOD YET. WE HAD IT WITH BASMATI RICE, (ME JUST A TINY BIT).

THURSDAY 3 FEB: 30 min ride turbo trainer as hard as poss. 15 mins resistance training all major muscle groups.

ACTUAL: I DID DO THE 30 MIN TURBO RIDE, INFACT 31 MINS! I KNOW I PUSHED HARD, CAN FEEL DEFINITE IMPROVEMENT WITH SPEED AND REVOLUTIONS. IT WAS A STRUGGLE TO ACTUALLY START TODAY AND I NEARLY BLEW IT OFF! BIG DAY AT WORK, HOME LATE, STILL 32 DEGREES IN EVENING AND I HAD 1 CAN BEER WITH BF, THEN HEAPS WATER!. THEN ONTO COOK HEALTHY TEA, WATCH BIGGEST LOSER. THEN WATCHING MICHELLE BRIDGES I HAULED IT ONTO TURBO..............NO EXCUSES! STILL 30 DEGREES WHEN TRAINING BUT THIS IS GOOD TRAINING I THINK! I DO ADMIT TO BLOWING OFF 15 MIN RESISTANCE.........IT WAS NEARLY 9.30, I KNEW I'D GIVE IT SHORT OF MY BEST. HOWEVER...........I DON'T GET A DAY OFF TOMORROW! INSTEAD I HAVE TO DO JUST THAT AND SHOULD BE FIRED UP AND FRESH WHEN I DO! IN AND OUT FOR 15-20 MINS TOMORROW! OTHER THAN MY 1 CAN MIDSTRENGTH LOW CARB BEER, ALL ON TRACK! By the way, I won't go into big spiels on the Biggest Loser and my opinions but I can't believe Michelle Bridges weighed in at 65.5kg after her week with the family. She isn't overly tall and I know she is muscly but she is the leanest smallest 65.5kg person I think I'd seen. Maybe the weigh in numbers are fudged but wow! Now I think hitting under 70 or 70.0 will be an achievement but I'm up for getting and staying under 68kg!

FRIDAY 4 FEB: WAS GONNA BE A DAY OFF BUT AT LEAST 15 MINS RESISTANCE TRAINING IS COMPULSORY!

ACTUAL: HAD FULL DAY OFF AND A FULL BODY MASSAGE! HMMMM! ON TRACK BUT LIGHT TEA AS DIDN'T WANNA MESS UP THE KITCHEN AFTER A BIG ORGANISATION FOR PARTY SATURDAY!

SATURDAY 5 FEB: BF's 30th b-day party! However before I get into prep as it will be a big one I'm to complete a brick session of 20 mins turbo followed by 20 min run!

ACTUAL: NAUGHTY PIP DIDN'T DO THE BRICK SESSION. BUT DID START WITH A 20 MIN RESISTANCE WORKOUT STARTING OUT WITH 20 CONSECUTIVE PUSH UPS ON TOES!!! NEW RECORD, NOW I'M FOCUSSING ON GOING LOWER AND IMPROVED FORM!!! I FOLLOWED THAT STRAIGHT UP WITH A 5.3KM RUN. RUN WAS A BIT SLOW AS WORKOUT WAS BEFORE BREKKIE AND AFTER A LIGHT TEA YESTERDAY. NUTRITION, - WELL HAD BF'S 30TH PARTY THAT NIGHT, THERE WAS AN OVER ABUNDANCE OF FOOD AND DRINK! SO DID EAT A BIT MORE THAN NORM, (AND PROB HAD TOO MUCH WINE) BUT NO BINGEING!


SUNDAY 6 FEB: No promises for any significant exercise today! If I manage anything it's a plus...........however just must make sure I keep control, no overconsuming resulting in guilt of possible leftovers if slightly hungover!

ACTUAL: DAY OFF TRAINING, HAD NICE PLATE OF LEFTOVERS OF SALADS, COLD MEAT FOR LUNCH AND RISSOLES FOR BREKKIE! GOT TO WATCH MYSELF WITH THESE LEFTOVERS!!!

1 comment:

Teresa said...

Lots of hard work done. Keep up the good work.