Pip

Friday, January 21, 2011

CLOTHING AND THE SCALES............

Hey there, you may have noticed I've been updating my actual workout every day so far this week alongside the planned one in my last post that I wrote last Sunday.

Now to the scales, - I haven't actually weighed myself so far at all in 2011. My last weigh in was 31 Dec 2010 which said 74.5kg. My main reasoning for lack of weighing is that this years new 'cut off point' is 75kg so I don't intend to see anything 75 or above which keeps with my trend of minusing 5kg from my cut off point each year which has worked so far for the last 3 years.

The first couple of weeks this year I admittably wasn't as focussed as I could be regarding portion control and training so wasn't confident of seeing under 75, (however I know I wouldn't have put on more than a couple of kg max).

So................I have decided on a solution. I have a pair of size 12 cargo shorts with no elastic waistband I've had for years which I know are meant to fit and sit just under the belly button. I know I comfortably wear these out around the 70kg mark and under about 72kg historically can start to feel comfy enough to wear these out with a fitted cotton singlet top. Last weekend I could do these up, but had a HUGE muffin top so can't wear them. Today I still have a big muffin top but it's reduced a bit this week. Once I don't have a 'muffin top' in those shorts I will first brave the scales this year!

This evening I tried on some clothes I was thinking of wearing out last Saturday but I thought my flab on my back showed through my fitted tops and the tops also showed my poking out stomach too much for comfort and skirt waistband was real tight............so change of clothes it was! I thought............a kilo or two are just holding me back here! WELL, I tried these same clothes on tonight for fun and would class them 'wearable' now! Visible back and stomach flab has gone! There is still quite a bit to go of course but it's nice to see a difference in clothes (which haven't been worn or washed or in dryer). It's great to notice an improvement even if slight in 6 days! I must say I've busted my arse in training this week, have had no sugar, diets been spot on and as much as I'm hanging for wine tonight, (bit of a crap day on a couple of regards) I haven't relented.

Talk soon,
Pip :-)

1 comment:

Miss Positive said...

Sounds like you are making good progress already Pip. I love the idea of using an item of clothing as a motivator - I've used a favourite pair of jeans before, and its so good when you can slowly see (and feel) the difference.