Pip

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

ON TRACK WITH ALCOHOL BAN AGAIN>>>>>>>NOW TIME FOR THE REST!

Have completed day 5 from 28 alcohol free. How I wanted a drink today! After a long hard busy day in this warm weather a beer or wine (sometimes leads to a few) is awesome. Even more so if I've been training and eating on track. If I'm full or have eaten sugar.............beer or even wine doesn't have the same temptation.

Of course eating nutritiously and not too much and training is important as well. Alcohol sure can't be substituted with eating too much or too much crap food!

So..............successful strategy is get a glass of tap water with icecubes and pretend it's a beer or wine! Maybe not the same but the thrill of saving money, (free) and not drinking alcohol for no reason plus the fact water has no calories is all good! A glass of water or two with ice cubes before tea can tide over an otherwise beer or wine choice! I did 6 weeks straight last year, but BF's b-day party is in 23 days and I plan to enjoy a few after that. Am undecided if from then on I'll just keep it to social occasions or go back to attempt my usual old guidelines I used to try to stick to.

However if my triathlon, half marathon goals, fatloss, weightloss and lifestyle standards are really going to happen..............I need to be much more committed to making my all round lifestyle standards more non negotiable. (Not optional and thinking, ahh, tomorrow, I'm not as bad as I could be.....etc.....crap LOL). It's a bit repetitive talking about it all here as well.

Right:
11.5 weeks to sprint dist triathlon. Major goal is to complete this distance, - longest ever, ideally not come last and from now be happy with my effort of sticking to my self set training regime.

24.5 weeks till half marathon. Completion under 2 hours has always been a pipe dream and I believe sure achieveable and I will strive for that. My PB for the half is 2hrs, 15 mins, 14 secs and that was at about 85kg with very inconsistent training and rapid weight gain for the 2-3 odd months leading up back in mid 2008. However even more important than the time is my dedication to actually not talking shit and doing what I say I will.........consistently now till then and being as committed to it as I am to work etc. Of course obstacles may arise, that is prob norm but I would want to be happy with the controlled way I deal with them rather than throwing in the towel if adversity etc strikes. If I have a poor race or even don't finish or start the race, I will feel contented as long as I've handled my preparation to my standards. AND after the half marathon, I get a day on the Gold Coast/Brisbane area, then head to Airlie Beach before some skiing in NZ! All much more fun if I'm happy with my fitness and shape and don't sabotage myself in ways I don't want to.

Now to all affected by the floods, - the pics look horrendous and unbelievable! Very cruel looking and my heart goes out to all involved.

Now time to be vigilent about sticking to the standards I aspire to. They aren't out of the way too time consuming or tough.......although hard work at times.............but just need to be consistent with them.

Talk soon
Pip :-)

1 comment:

Teresa said...

Good luck with the training. You got the resolve to accomplish all your goals. Take care.