Pip

Sunday, January 09, 2011

HERE'S TO 2011!!!

G'day! Sorry it's been a while between blogs!

However it's cause I've been rather busy of late! I had the awesome but unexpected surprise of having my lil sis come and stay with BF and I over New Years for 5 nights! And we had lots of fun..........and spent quite a bit of money! Over New Years weekend I had the weekend and Monday off work but was lucky enough to score New Years Eve, (Friday) off work as well!

Activities we got up to included.........shopping, sightseeing, beach visiting and swimming, tiki touring, drinking and catching up and trying to cram as much in as poss really! She is a really confident driving and drives around anywhere in Perth no probs, - unlike me in regard to driving! She put up about 125 photos on her facebook which can be found on my facebook of this holiday. Now I think she knows the ropes of Perth so if she brings her hubby over she will have some idea where to go and what to do! We even did a day trip cramming in Mandurah, Bunbury, Busselton, Yallingup, Gracetown and Margaret River.

In between that there has been Christmas and working so have been busy. The week before Christmas was totally flat out at work with me doing long days. We had to open 3 days between Christmas and New Year which were quieter but still busy enough as there were less staff. I only worked 2 of them as I had the Friday off.

I did end up weighing in on 31 Dec @ 74.5kg. So nice to finish the year off even if only just under 75 and to not see 80 the whole year.

I haven't weighed in yet this year, - guess I'm still around 75 or prob even slightly over as I still haven't really cracked down this year. But as long as I don't SEE over 75kg lol!

It's about time I really cranked up the fitness and start getting leaner and fitter though than I have been for years and staying that way because:

* I'm doing a sprint distance triathlon on 3 April, - 12 weeks from today which will be my longest yet!
* I'm doing the Gold Coast half marathon in 25 weeks today on 3 July! I would like to focus now and stay focussed and be happy with my consistency and efforts in preparation when the time comes around to race! The total icing on the cake is if I can complete it under 2 hours!
* There is a sprint distance triathlon in 7 weeks today which I'm undecided about. I will keep you posted about that but may enter if I'm happy with progress and staying consistent!
* There is the 14km Run for a Reason race toward end May. I did it last year and it would be awesome to smash last years time this year!

Consistency is the key...........it mustn't elude me haha!

I have a bit of excitement planned for this year at this stage.

Firstly is BF's 30th party on 5th Feb, (4 weeks yesterday). I started another little challenge to drink NO alcohol (and stupidly announced it) from yesterday until this date and am successfully up to day 2. Of course I intend to enjoy some at the party though!

Next is my trip to Adelaide from 2nd to 6th March, (maybe after doing a triathlon the weekend prior). Have never been to Adelaide and can't wait!

3 April I intend to do the last sprint triathlon of the season, (750m swim, 20km ride, 5km run) and secure that accomplishment.

Over Easter long weekend end April I think we may have 5 days off this year. I'm thinking of a road trip to Kalgoorlie, Esperance, Albany and back home. I've been to Albany once but never Kalgoorlie and Esperance!

Toward end May I haven't comfirned it but think I may participate in the Run for a Reason 14km run again!

1 July 2011 I head to Brisbane and down to the Gold Coast. 3 July I intend to race in the half marathon. 5 - 9 July I intend to head up to Airlie Beach and hopefully catch up with relatives, do a day kayak trip and a cruise or sailing in the Whitsundays! 9-11 July I head to Sydney, then 11-19 July I will head to NZ to catch up with family and hopefully get some skiing in!

I booked it recently to get the cheaper flights.

So things look rather busy! Not sure about further overseas travel/holidays. Am thinking where I wanna go may just be too costly for a few years so am trying to shelve the idea for a while.

Talk soon,
Pip :-)

2 comments:

Teresa said...

Happy New Year Pip! Sounds like you had lots of fun over the holidays. What a lovely surprise to have your sister come for a visit. Wow you`ve got lots going on this year. Have fun ticking it all off your list.

Miss Positive said...

Wow - looks like you've got a really busy year planned, awesome stuff! Good to hear you had such a lovely time with your sister too while she was there :)