Pip

Monday, December 27, 2010

2010 ROUNDUP............

Heya all! I'm writing this now as I think I may not have much more time this year!

Christmas Day was great! BF and I spent it down at his parents place down at the beach! His family, Nana and a couple of others were there. It was a great day. The temperature hit 39.9 degrees and we spent lots of time in the water mucking about. Xmas lunch was yum. We had cheese, salami, crackers to start, then rumballs. The main was Xmas hot ham, cold chicken, roast potatoes, pumpkin, carrots, peas and a tomato/onion bake. Then after another swim it was dessert time.........plum pudding. We pay $5 to eat it and the person to find the coin with the hole drilled in wins $50! We all got some awesome pressies, - it was a fun day!

Yesterday BF was confined to the house as he was on standby for his work so he put his technic lego together till he got called out to a fire! I went out to another great gathering!

Today I got stuck into a bit of housework. It's always good to get done!

I decided to brave the metal monsters/scales today after keeping off them for the last 3 weeks. I wasn't expecting an exactly good reading as I'd been flat out, (but very active I reckon) at work so not eating the best options and not being consistent with training, (no excuses) and I feel I look flabby but that isn't new at the moment. 3 odd weeks ago I was 75.1kg. I was tentatively expecting about 78, (hopefully not 80 or above) and had spent lots of time lately wearing elastic waistbands from being so busy and not wanting to check out what I expected the reality to be! Then on Xmas day and yesterday I wore a size 14 Levis mini denim skirt. I used to wear that at about 80kg with it sitting firm just on the navel line. I noticed it was definitely looser Xmas day and yesterday with it sitting right down on lower hips with about 2 inches of extra room in it which was good. So...at weigh in this morning........I was stoked to weigh in at 74.5kg today! I'm still not the most toned around the torso and wanna smash off a good bit more fat but now I can stay true to lowering my cut off point to 75kg for 2011. I've successfully stayed under 80 all of 2010, (I won't weigh self again this year). First time I'd achieved that since 1999! Last year cut off was 85, before it was 90! I didn't touch any chocolates today and lost total desire to after I found out I was 3 odd less kg than expected! Being flat out may count for something sometimes! I still intend to improve my habits, all round fitness, reduce fat and kilo wise wanna get under 68kg.

In brief some things which happened this year:
* Did my longest triathlon
* Moved in with BF
* Got a car, can drive somewhat in quieter areas
* Had a decent 30th party
* Did 14km Run for a Reason race
* Started a triathlon course till I hurt my back.
* Gave up alcohol completely for 6 consecutive weeks
* Poor Granny passed, I spoke at her funeral

Will be back soon to for a New Years talk!!!

Pip :-)

2 comments:

Miss Positive said...

Sounds like you had a great Christmas Pip, and well done on the drop! Being busy obvioulsy pays off!

Teresa said...

Happy New Year, all the best for the year ahead.