Pip

Friday, December 03, 2010

TRIATHLON EVE............and SAME OLD STORY...............

Just thought I'd do a quick update for now!

Firstly yes, I intend to do that triathlon tomorrow at Champion Lakes. It's a 400m swim in the lake followed by a 16km bike ride then a 4km run. My bike is packed into the back of my car...........and to my delight it fits in without even having to remove a wheel! I just fold my back seat forward then lay my bike down and it doesn't obstruct my driving vision or anything. I'm rather dyslexic with manual tasks unfortunately which sure isn't due to lack of trying. To correctly take my wheels on and off my bike (with all the knobs turned and facing the same way) has taken much time and frustration which is embarrassing to admit.

Training, (or lack of) and nutrition has been rather shite this week. Why? Early in the week I unfortunately blew off a turbo training cycle session and instead opted to finish off a half bottle of wine when then lead to bingeing on leftovers in fridge..........then 2 beers but no training! Then out of whack and overfull the next day, then a busy work week ladeda! Last week I trained awesomely and last Saturday weighed in @ 75.0. I also have been feeling disappointed in myself as like often, I have put in some hard work, start to go places just to totally undo it. To grasp new fitness and drop fat I need to be consistent for longer these days to see results as I'm now in my 30's. I'd love to think I'd put in a good few weeks or months of consistent training and satisfactory nutrition and to see where I'd be.

Anyways can't dwell. Lets see what I bring to the table tomorrow. I'd be happy to finish and as a bonus, - not come last! There is a Womens triathlon again next March. I'd like to go for the sprint distance, (750m swim, 20km ride and 5km run). I'd ideally like to put a consistent effort I'm happy with in regard to sticking to my training ideals. If I don't perform as I hope on raceday I'd be OK with that and may learn stuff. What would make me happy is being happy with my training and nutrition efforts in the weeks/months leading up. This time I'm not!

I'm a bit nervous about the swim infact! Tomorrow the high is only forecast to reach 22 degrees celcius for a max. It may be rather windy down there and the race starts at 8am so may be cool. I intend to cycle in my wet clothes, (then run). I don't have a wetsuit as I've never dreamed I'd require one at my level!

Am thinking of wearing sports bra, then one piece bathers, then lycra knee length black shorts and a rashee top, (black with fluoro pink writing) as my attire. Hmmm!

Tomorrow I'm planning on being out the door by 5.15am. Sunday I'm planning a road trip down to Busselton to watch the Ironman! Jules is in it as is one of BF's mates. He can't come cause of his work but that will be a big drive for me!

Talk soon,

Pip :-)

No comments: