Pip

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

LOOMING TRIATHLON and FITNESS UPDATES...........

G'day! Firstly I will report further regarding my last post. I haven't had any wine since and intend to keep up my resolve and give it a rest for a bit anyway. Last Sunday evening I had 3 midstrength low carb beers and didn't wake up with heart palpations or anything. Infact had a great sleep that night. Since then I haven't had any alcohol.......cutting back for now. Early Sunday I replied to Craig Harpers's post and said I was going to go 28 days drinking no liquid calories, (ie nothing but water). I have to say I haven't given up my morning skinny flat white, (free to make at work, organic coffee beans too). But other than one of them daily all other liquid intake has been water. It's been a busy week so far.

Have stepped up the training the last few days. BF has a turbo trainer in which he attaches his mountain bike to. It has 5 resistance levels with 5 being the hardest. When I get on that I make myself go as fast as poss for 30 mins on level 4 which is a challenge and produces an all over sweat in only 4-5 mins. Tough, yep! At the moment am doing the turbo every second day alternating with either a 30 min run on treadmill or an outdoor run of at least 5km. Today was treadmill run day, I managed 5.36km in 30 mins and that really hit my 10/10 level, I couldn't possibly have done any more! Then stretches and a few mins on the rower. I did a mini brick session on the turbo followed by a bit of a run last weekend and managed. Still haven't been to a pool for a while, I think the local one has just opened as it's only open in summer but it's an outdoor 25m one I hear. There are other pools around but they take a bit of organisation to get to. I love the beach and would love to do ocean swims but am petrified of sharks if out swimming on my lonesome at the moment. That's cause there have been numerous recent reports of shark attacks and beach closures. I know I can swim but not in a fast or efficient manner. But I can plod through a couple of kms at once if I want to.

So um 10 days till the triathlon. Am still in the 'longer event' of a 400m swim, 16km bike ride and 4km run. The aim is to finish and if I'm not the last finisher I will be even more stoked! Usually in run events I'm in the top half of finishers, (excepting half marathons). But in 12km, 14km and 7km run events I generally manage this. But in the first triathlon I did.........I was first from the back, the second I was 7th from the back! Most competitors here seem all serious you see. My looming triathlon will be my longest to date yet!

I weighed in on Tue morn at 76.5. That's 100g down from 10 days prior at 76.6. However it's taken till this week to really up the ante. Have been on track with food too with having no excesses or confectionary so far this week. I seem to have to be seriously on track consistently for at least 2 weeks now till the numbers start to head down so intend to try to keep off scales for a few days! Still am successful with not seeing 80 this year so need to keep to that! I've decided my aim is to be 'comfortably' under 75kg on 31 December 2010 so again next year I can cut another 5kg off from my 'cut off point'! Cut off point used to be 90, last year was 85kg, this year 80kg so to carry on the trend will have 75 next year! When I finish 2010 without seeing 80, - again that will be the first year I've triumphed with that since 1999. (Started year at 78.8 on 1 Jan, highest reading since was 77.4 in Sept 2010, lowest read for 2010 was 68.6 in April, - whoops!)

Enough crapping on so till next time!

Pip :-)

2 comments:

Teresa said...

Looks like you've been working hard Pip. Good luck with the Triathlon. Can't wait to hear all about it.

Miss Positive said...

Thats weird about the alcohol Pip, but good idea to stop for a while and see if it helps. I'm finding that the older I get, the less tolerance I have to alcohol. I used to be able to drink copious amounts with no side effects at all. Now if I even have one glass of wine, I'm SO dehydrated the next morning. It must affect you differently as you get older.

Good luck with the triathlon!

Hilary xx