Pip

Sunday, November 21, 2010

WINE......HEART PALPATIONS.......COFFEE REACTIONS......

Howdy. Hmm, I'm in a predicament. Lately, - more so the last month or so I have noticed different effects that wine have on me. Problem is I luv wine however maybe it doesn't like me!

Lately after drinking more than say 2 medium sized glasses of wine I feel the effects 4-6 hours later. If my last glass is finished at 9.30pm about 2-2.30am I wake up with my heart racing fast and strongly and am in a sweat like I've been training. Forehead, hairline and back of neck is often dripping in sweat. I then drink lots of water and take a couple of hours to get back to sleep if I do and if I make it to sleep it is very lightly and I have some weird dreams or doze off and on. If course I don't like to get up or make lots of noise as I don't wanna wake BF up. I don't feel particularly drunk or anything while drinking the wine, and feel fine when I get into bed, but then this happens. Last night I had about 3 glasses of wine, (3/4 bottle I guess over 2 hours) but stopped drinking at 7.30pm but woke up at 11.30pm in this predicament. OK, - I know this is still prob too much wine and maybe 5 standard drinks. I get that. But this reaction is new when I don't consider I've had THAT much and haven't over indulged food wise. A year or two ago this happened occasionally, (such as twice a year or so) but that was after more than a bottle in one hit followed by too much food straight before bed so while I felt mad at myself when waking up, I knew I had only myself to blame. I've even had the sweating thing happen on nights when it gets down to 4 degrees, (but of course after the sweating I get cold). I've only noticed it after wine. Not with beer but I only drink midstrength beer when I do, (3.5% alcohol, - either Hahns 3.5% super dry or 4xxx Gold lower carb). But I generally stick to 2 cans or stubbies at most if I have beer.

Now with coffee, - up until about 3 years ago I never drank it at all, - never liked the stuff! Now however I do like it, - but only freshly made coffee with coffee beans ground on the spot and steamed skinny milk........aka skinny flat whites cafe style, no sugar. I don't like instant coffee so much at all. However now I seem to shake, feel flat, tired etc till I get some coffee into me in the morning! Hmmmm. I may sometimes have another coffee at work, (as we get them free) mid arvo but only sometimes.

Now I prob feel anxious to drink wine cause of what may happen at night. Feeling anxious about what may happen may be part of the problem too. I guess I could cut down to one glass, (or 200ml max) to see if the same thing happens with wine. I would be gutted to have to give up drinking wine but may have to consider it. I have googled it and have found others experience this problem too.

I'm not sure, - maybe should consider a big detox from alcohol and coffee completely for a few weeks. Then gradually on occasion when out start allowing myself one glass of wine again. If the same heart thing occurs then maybe give up alcohol or at least wine altogether. Not sure about coffee or exchanging it for green tea. I already drink loads of water.

I had recent routine health checks at doctor, - ie liver function, cholesterol, sugar levels, pap smear, iron levels, breast check, STD's etc and all come back normal which was good.

Holiday fund is now up to $1835. That is toward my round the world trip scheduled for about 2015. YAY! And in another online account am managing to save $80 a week toward investing which is something I've kept up since March this year.

Hmm, talk soon all

Pip :-)

No comments: