Pip

Monday, November 01, 2010

'NAIL IT', - DAY 1!!!

Howdy! Today has been somewhat of a challenge. I'm really not enjoying work at the moment and can be known to make slack decisions out of frustration cause of that. And Mondays I particularly hate work wise. Had to bite my tongue and get on with it as per norm. Also today a company that I gave my e-mail address to got in touch with me, trying to talk me into a financial opportunity that sounds far too good to be true. I asked questions, listened hard and worried if I'm missing out on a huge opportunity if I didn't sign up and put a deposit on. I also worried it was a scam, therefore didn't sign up. The guy on the phone was trying to talk me around to not miss out for 16 mins today before I said a DEFINITE no and he believed me. After that call I felt un-easy that I may be missing out on a good opportunity!

Unfortunately I felt pissed off and fell victim to some spare chocolate muffin, a skinny hot chocolate and a savoury pastry to round it off mid arvo. Whoops! However the small win is I went for a 40 min run when I got home, (which was a bit uncomfy and slow as I was too full) instead of finding an excuse to carry on and have beer or wine on the couch. I was thinking of my rules, - ie the punishment ones for breaking my rules and have come to think of them as un-useful. These are lifestyle rules that apply 24/7 so if I deviate slightly sometimes I don't want to think it's the end of the world then really deviate. I know I prefer to keep to my objectives but if I stray slightly, I'm to mark it down but make sure I get back on track fast and carry on no matter what rather looking at it as a major blow.

I was trying to clean the taps last night with Jif and get them shiny..........but I broke the tap off. Oh dear! BF has spent the last few hours trying to fix them!

Today:
Alcohol: nil
Training: 40 min slow run while too full
Bed: - just over 7 hours last night

Talk soon
Pip :-)

1 comment:

Teresa said...

Trust those gut feelings Pip. If it sounds to good to be true than it is. Lots of scams going on out there. Don't feeling guilty for not wanting to be a victim, now step away from the muffins. I know exactly how hating Mondays. Your doing so great keep up the good work.