Pip

Sunday, October 31, 2010

'NAIL IT NOVEMBER' PIP STYLE............

Hi! I'm following Liz's group/lead here and decided I'm in need of a 'Nail It November' month.........for a few reasons! Therefore I'm on the team!

My objectives:

* NO ALCOHOL! Yep, I'm in the game for a completely dry November! I did it for 6 consecutive weeks earlier in the year but it's time for a re-do! I have a triathlon on 4 December to do and I know my prep could be better/more consistent if there is no alcohol consumed........at all!

* NO WEIGHING! I intend to work to get fitter, my body fat reduced and for the scale needle to go down. When I'm confident the needle is on the way down I seem to get on them at least twice a week. If I know the needle isn't going down I can easily keep off them for a few weeks straight. Yesterday morning I weighed in @ 75.7kg which is pretty much my average for the last 5-6 months. Am aiming to keep off scales till 1 December and be at least 2.5kg less than this!

* ENOUGH TIME IN BED! At least 7 hours lights out time a night at least 5 nights a week. The more the better though!

* NO FLAGGING OFF TRAINING CAUSE OF LAZINESS/POOR PLANNING! I have a triathlon on 4 December and want to feel I've put in at least a month of consistent training. The aim is still to finish and ideally not be the last finisher! I need to swim at least 1km each week, do 3 runs of at least 5km each week, go on a bike ride of at least 20km each week focussing on speed and do 3 resistance training sessions of at least 15 mins each every week. Of course injuries are to be worked around if they occur but general slackness, - no!

* KEEP TO ORGANISATION AND BUDGET! My savings for investing are on track. I've saved $1555.28 toward my round the world trip which I schedule to depart about June 2015. Maintain general organisational standards!

* NO BINGEING, CONFECTIONARY ONLY ALLOWED IN SPECIAL SOCIAL SITUATIONS VERY MODERATELY, (not likely to occur more than once a month anyway).

Will keep you informed!

Oh yeah, I've booked a trip to Adelaide using specials from Jetstar! I leave on 2 March 2011 and return 6 March 2011. Am looking forward to this!

Also after my triathlon on 4 Dec I am planning to go down to Busselton to watch Busselton Ironman on Sunday 5 December!

Pip :-)

1 comment:

LizN said...

Great Pip - look forward to hearing how you go. I always enjoy reading about your challenges!