Pip

Tuesday, October 12, 2010






WHOOHOOOO,.............THAT'S IT!!! :-)

Firstly, photos above are from last Sat, (9th Oct)

I've made a decision. I'm no longer a work in progress on the weight and fitness fluctuation front. We only get one chance. I'm over it and over making excuses about it unless I'm heading for something exciting!

Firstly I must admit I've seen an improvement in a round about way of present. For the past 6 months my weight has stayed and swayed between a low of 73.2kg and hit a high of 77.4 but the majority of the time when I've hit the scales in the am they have said 75.something. (Height 1.71m and body fat still 33 - 35%). That's size 14 in general, (sometimes 16 across boobs and 12 on hips and in pants). My Cue charcoal suit I bought recently before my last NZ trip was a size 12 which I was stoked about, it fits perfect and 14 was too big! As for training, sometimes I put in a couple of great weeks of at least 4 rather intense cardio styled sessions and maybe 3 intense 15-20 min resistance workouts plus am generally active and busy all day. Along with this I'm reasonably clean with my diet, cut alcohol down to about 2-3 days a week max without overindulging too much! Then I may slacken for a week, drink wine 2-3 drinks say five days a week, train hard maybe only once or twice, eat more cheese after finding an excuse for sweets for a couple of days before making the mental challenge to rein it in and just generally slacken for a bit. After a slack few days and extra couple of kilos I rein it in..........but nowdays it takes longer for the scales and fat to drop though it does with persistance. I always drink lots of water.

I took note of the 6 month after update of 12 of this years biggest loser contestants in this weeks New Idea. Most have done well with pretty much maintaining their new lower weight and lifestyle with finding a balance to suit them. However I'm dissapointed that at least 3-4 of them don't seem to have found that balance yet to be where they want to but do realise the factors involved!

On one hand I'm pleased to be able to rein overindulging in lots sooner and binges are lots smaller than they used to be. Good, - yep!

BUT...........I can do better and from now on will make it my commitment to! One reason is for the reasons listed in the above post and two..........life is all round better if we keep to some self respect standards we are proud of! I'm not talking ultra strict, - I still look forward to a drink or two up to 3 nights a week. I don't want to take my own food to mates houses the times I go or I don't want or ever plan to ring restaurants in advance to check menus on the occasions I may go out. Of course moderation and self control is the key when these occasions do arise. I am confident of getting and keeping off at least 5-10kg for good which I'd be stoked with!

Pip :-)

No comments: