Pip

Thursday, October 07, 2010

'KEEP AT IT'!!!..................

Howdy!!! This week has shown some improvements in my fitness levels..........nice improvements, infact I'm stoked! Am faster, (5.46km in 30 mins on treadmill, big effort and these treadmills equate to my speed outdoors). Amount of pushups I can do on toes has increased from 3 to 9 in 3 weeks. I have gone up a level in most dumbell, barbell and weights exercises and can do or if I get a chance superset with something else 2-3 sets of 12-15 reps. I seem more agile, am better on the plank and other core stuff such as feeling smoother and stronger. I was starting to think since turning 30, I may be past it, have to settle for less or have to work harder for longer to achieve anything small fitness wise!

One thing I have realised is now my body doesn't bounce back quite the same as a few years ago if weight is gained. Hence I don't want to gain weight unnecessarily or I don't want to lose weight if I gain too much to only be left with loose skin after much slog therefore things can't get out of hand.! And it's also not just about weight/fat losses, it's about fitness targets and setting maintenance standards if not striving for something!

Thinking about this and biceps/triceps/shoulders and maintaining calve tone, lifted firm butt (rather than heading for that 'tuckshop look' or 'lowered butt' has motivated me in being reasonably regular and consistent with resistance training/getting stronger and really supple as well as achieveing cardiovscular objectives.

I have drastically reduced sugar intake, - infact sugar consumed in last couple of weeks amounts to about 5 tic tacs to freshen breath, - (in sweet tasting food anyway). It's a little tough initially but after a while the rewards outweigh the momentary taste indulgence and the lingering hankering for more indulging of that nature.

I don't say 'NEVER' for sugar etc but in general I'd save it only for special social occasions where I'd feel a bit of an outcast if I don't have a bit of birthday cake. Or very occasionally, I just may...............but would ideally like to weigh it up first and make sure I feel happy about it and it feels controlled...............Getting old or sensible or what I say??? That seems to have led to no out of control indulging at all other than a couple of extra wines occassionally.

Anyway 3 days ago I weighed in at a new low for a while of 73.9,........thinking, WOW, cool, am on the way to shooting down the kg's finally now and things are starting to happen! I stopped drinking wine, was clean and controlled diet wise, was training hard to max and drinking lots of water and training was telling me good results! Today I got on the scales for some stupid reason..............75.0! Then I remembered...........I was prob a bit dehydrated after getting on scales 3 days ago as I had 2 larger glasses of wine that night but none since. It was also that it was that time of the month, (not that time of the months normally reflects for me on the scales). However training hard, drinking lots of water after a hungover day has made the scales climb a kilo in a day in past-times so I can't be too horrified! Am still 2.4kg down from 3-4 weeks ago but and AM fitter! I am feeling good about staying under 80 all 2010 still!

BTW when I say hardcore training, I'd say it's about an hour 4 days a week at present plus lots of other general work activity, daily jobs and walking so there is still room to increase but am happy with doings and progress at present............seeing body fat drop regularly would be good but!

I bought the Blockbuster Estee Lauder makeup kit for $120 and the Pure White Linen White Breeze Estee Lauder perfume tonight at David Jones where store profits were said to go toward helping the Breast Cancer charity. That's me done for makeup and perfume for at least 2 years! I wanted to buy the Elizabeth Arden Intervene skincare special again but am trying to cheapen up my skincare and now use Dove 2 and 1 cleanser/toner and either Invisible Zinc SPF30 moisturisor sunnscreen then Body Shop SPF 15 liquid foundation or Invisible Zince SPF 30 + tinted moisturisor. I also use Nivea night cream at night with some eye cream morning and night.

It's a tough choice,..........to have big overseas holiday sooner or with more money or to now spend more on skincare to possibly perserve skin for later life. I've gone for saving more for the holiday and trusting cheaper brands and some sun sense!

Talk soon, bedtime now!

Pip :-)

3 comments:

Magda said...

Hi Pip, I dont use use expensive skin care products (and havent for a long time) and am a lot older than you and I have really good skin. I get lots of compliments for it. I believe , for me, it comes down to drinking lots of water or herbal tea, not having too much caffeine and eating lots of veges and moderate amounts of food. Plus a generally healthy diet. The big cosmetic companies arent getting any richer from me and I'm still looking good.

Magda said...

Moderate amounts of food should read "moderate amounts of fruit."

Pip said...

Thanks Magda, I have decided to stay with cheap skincare, (such as the Dove 2 and 1 cleanser/toner and invisible zinc products. I will still use a night cream and eye cream but supermarket brands such as Dove or Nivea all the way. I'd rather spend money on travel and adventure in the future rather than a few thousand in the up and coming years on skincare and haircare if I can look just as good for cheaper! Hence I've stopped highlighting my hair and now just use a home permanent dark brown hair colour about 3 times a year and get maybe 3-4 trims a year at $20 each.