Pip

Monday, October 25, 2010

TO FOLLOW ON FROM LAST INSTALLMENT.....plus......TRIATHLON AMBITION!....

First up as of yesterday I entered into a triathlon. It's a Womens triathlon fundrasing for breast cancer held at Champion Lakes near Gosnells/Kelmscott. It's on Saturday 4 December and kicks of at 8am. Registration opens at 6am so I aim to be down there then, will set up bike in transition area etc and attend the briefing at 7.45am. I intend to drive there. It's near an area I've driven to before so the drive doesn't scare me too much and it will be in the early hours when there is not much traffic about.

Now I had two choices regarding distances. Firstly there was a 200m swim, 8km bike ride and 2km run OR you could choose the long one with double the distances.....a 400m swim, 16km ride and 4km run. I was swithering thinking the short one was much more sensible for someone who hasn't been swimming in a few months and has only done about 2 bike rides in the last 2 months and the odd run but even in the last couple of weeks I got lazy with running again. But sensibility didn't cross my mind and I signed up for the longer affair! The aim is to complete it............and hopefully not be the last finisher haha! I'd be happy I think with a 400m swim in 14-15 mins, the 16km bike ride in about 45 mins and the 4km run under 24 mins with a couple of mins for each transition. I don't have clipless pedals or bike shoes but I'm sure I will be fine. But training must start now..........and stay! Completing that will be my longest one to date! I was going to enter Triathlon Pink in 2 weeks but am not confident driving to and from the location where that is!

The rules talked about in post below kick off again for good tomorrow 26 Oct 2010 and I really wanna stay focussed with them for a year to start with. Day one tomorrow! Gotta do it!

No comments: