Pip

Monday, February 21, 2011

PERTH BOMB SCARE..............

Howdy, my plans to visit the gym today didn't eventuate due to reasons out of my control.

After a busy day at work, feeling a slight ache in back (but less than last week) I hurled it toward the gym. I walk down one arcade to make it to the necessary mall. I noticed exit to the mall was blocked off and many security guards, police etc were around so I then walked around the long way, still the mall was blocked off! Police etc were ushering us away, I did note ALL businesses in the mall were closed just after 4pm......hmm. So I turned back and headed for the bus, police speeded down footpaths in cars and all us puzzled people out and about had no clue what was happening. The bus was late, trip home was slow, then I turn on the news as there was a dodgy looking package somewhere near David Jones with some dangerous note attached to it which obviously caused great alarm. Apparently it turned out to be a scare, nothing yet but it sure caused lots of caos. There were weird people on the street trying to introduce themselves and shake our hands............creepy! I could have gone on a run tonight outdoors but a) it was late, b) I wanted to catch the news regarding terroists before heading outdoors, c) it was still about 34 degrees at 6.30pm just before it started getting dark.......I love the heat so that wasn't really a pertinent issue! d) sore back, gotta ease it back kinda slowly and today was sure busy and active! A beer and cooking a healthy tea was more inviting. Full of excuses aren't I??? Haha!

Pip :-)

Definitely a gym visit is on agenda after work tomorrow provided the mall isn't blocked off due to bomb scares...........

1 comment:

Kristy said...

Bit of excitement in Perth Pip :)