Pip

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

UPDATE............27 APRIL 2010!

Hello! I had been disputing whether to write this post or take a break from my blog for a bit.

My internal 'dispute' is because I really don't want to write too many posts basically going over the same old stuff. If there is great news, humour or achievements I like to talk about them LOL :-) - hence more updates!!! If I'm talking about my somewhat yo-yoing repetitive goals/plans or if I haven't carried out the plans my last post said I would because of personal dis-organisation and or laziness I don't really want to broadcast it. When I get the urge to complain I feel the least I can do is ride over the urge to complain. So..............no complaining or no excuses from me!

As you can guess, - I'm struggling to get 'on track fully' after my last steer 'off track'. I have kept finances intact. Am even doing a bit better, (still room to improve) on sleep and personal organisation. But the biggie, - nutrition and personally scheduled training and substituting wine for the gym/running at the moment have a bit to be desired! I could manage my personal organisation skills more efficiently! As a result I know I've put on a few kgs.

Something really hit me today though which I'm gonna believe. The same thoughts have come before, - but this time with heaps of clarity! Ignore me if ya don't believe the up and coming possible ramble, - it's all just my opinion!

* There is a wide spectrum of personality types. Addictive and more driven at one end. More mellow types, (less goal orientated/enjoy day to day simplicity moreso) at the other end. I think we all fall somewhere in between but probably tend to one end moreso.

An example of someone with an addictive/driven personality big time could be Ben Cousins. He goes 'hard or home'. He puts his all into his footy and obligations and he finds it pretty hard to stay out of trouble if he's not doing that. But addictive and driven could be business or sport orientated as well. I guess many sports people and celebs are naturally programmed more this way.

The other end of the spectrum = much more mellow. They aren't as goal orientated. They are content in an easy day to day existence and take pleasure from easy walks, smelling the roses, reading books and simple day to day activities, they like routine, feel comfortable in relaxing reptition, planning in advance may make such people feel a bit uneasy, travelling new places or being out of the home could make these people naturally feel nervous instead of excited.

My point here is that people who fall near the more 'mellow' end of the spectrum may find general moderation and self control easy and natural but may struggle more with intense goal setting and new challenges.

AND the people who fall toward the more addictive/driven end could find it harder keeping on track, (not going backward) with a 'moderate' lifestyle and less goal driven 'purpose'. They could find it more natural to 'go hard' or 'go home' but struggle with 'moderation' as a way of life.

So there are 'pros' and 'cons' for each side. We all need to be aware of our strengths and weaknesses but make our strengths work for us and ultimately put lots of focus on our weaknesses so they work for us as well! I have witnessed people successfully access parts of their personality through lots of work! Mainly in regard to developing from a seemingly shy person to a natural leader.

It also dawned on me, (with more even more clarity than ever) that it's up to us to create our own reality ultimately. I googled addictive personalities and it came up with numerous suggestions such as therapy etc etc and lots of other stuff. Will it work? Maybe, either short or long term if so but no guarrantee! It's up to us and what we do day to day thereafter and most likely many dollars later!

I have come round to definitely thinking that the only way we can guarrantee if our 'reality changes' last the distance/stick is if we commit to them, - and keep as committed to them as what we do with our paid employment. Yes, the moderate aspect may come more naturally to the more 'mellow' types and the challenging goals bit may come more naturally to us more addictive types. But it's all possible. For sure, coaching or therapy would be of benefit if we don't know how to get to where we wanna go, of have an addiction that is a matter of life or death. Or if you are already succeeding highly in your chosen endeavour but want to go that 'olympic distance' and are willing to pay coaching would be of great help!

But if we know what we need to do to get to where we want to a level we are happy with.........(but for some reason just don't finish what we start or just don't 'do it')...it's up to us!

Other than that, - have been busy, all has been good! I still have the fitness and finance goals and am planning on not stepping on any scales till my 30th, - then seeing the number under 68kg that day! Am looking at costings of getting a professional photo shoot the following Friday, then my party on the Saturday!

Talk soon,

Pip :-)

1 comment:

Teresa said...

I think alot of us struggle with these demons. The all or nothing attitude. We need to concentrate on the positive aspects of what we are doing regardless of the slips and let go of the need for perfection. Enjoy all that success you've accomplished and the remainder will follow.