Pip

Sunday, April 18, 2010

ALL ROCKIN...............

13 weeks to go till the big 30 as of tomorrow, 13 weeks, 5 days till the party.

JOBS TO DO:

* remain committed to living in line with my values
* keep to budget, (for everything)

I braved the old metaloe's yesterday to find I'm up 3kg on a couple of weeks ago and am up an inch on my waist and tummy. All I can say............have to be grateful it's only 3kg. I have been busy and active, (more general activity/not so much training wise of late). Food discipline went a bit out of control and down the drain unfortunately, not the plan but what can happen if you are not committed.

I have really pulled hard and am out to turn this all around for good rather than spurts. I know I can AND am totally committed to doing this.

Of course I don't plan on going totally hard all the time with everything, - but at all times want to act with a level of control I'm happy with at all times so I go forward with things I want to!

Basically the backbone/most important thing of living within my values are these top two:

* Living in a clean tidy personal living environment/top priority. OK, I really don't have much space but I have to daily maintain all personal living areas to a standard I wouldn't be ashamed for strangers to walk into. If for some reason I have to leave the house quickly and not everything is quite organised it needs to be first priority to re-organise once I'm home.

* Enough time in bed! I have some shifts starting at 4am, others starting at 9am and anything inbetween. The main rule I give myself is that I MUST be in bed, lights out at least 7 hours before the alarm is due to go off at least 5 days a week. I know it's tough in a noisy environment and excuses are easy............but then if I don't it effects productivity in all other areas of life. This is unless of course of a REAL emergency!

Other vital things to do are:
* Keep to a nutritional/calorie balance I'm happy with, (have decided on no off track food to be eaten unsocially till under the 68kg mark!) By the way I don't 'diet' and am not that strict! No bingeing being the major. Generally I like the balance of a good carb/protein/nutritious brekkie, a skinny flat white as a snack, lunch being my highest calorie meal of day being a filled multigrain roll, - excess middle dough scooped out with salad/lean protein or something prepared from home, fruit or similar as a snack if needed when training and a lower carb/cal option in the evening, (salad or steamed veg and lean protein or similar) but can work that around if needed.
* Only ever drink alcohol in social situations of some meanings, (celebrations, gatherings, parties), - generally exercising some sort of moderation! This makes more money available for things like clothes, makeup, short trips.
* Stick to budget. Keep out of debt, (I'm still on track nicely here). Continue to save at least $100 a fortnight toward investing and $100 a fortnight toward my big overseas trip in a few years and $100 a fortnight toward emergency expenses. Otherwise spend as pleased but aim not to waste any $$$ on purchases I could avoid if I'm less lazy or would regret.

Less vital but very important things to do also include:
* No coffee or caffeine after 5pm
* Stick to the training schedule, (ideals) I set for the week. Record training.
* Have fun/learn new things and skills, undertake new experiences

I need to treat all this as things I'm committed to, not ideals I 'should' do some day. And while I have seen improvements in general, I can do more. So that's the strategic plan.

SHORT TERM GOALS:
* Get under 68kg in the next 4 weeks, - then work on fitness improvement, sticking fully to the above and comfortably maintaining under 68kg by my 30th. I intend to achieve this by habits I feel are maintainable, - not giving up all carbs and taking fat burners and refusing to eat socially. I'd be more keen to attain and maintain a 20-25% BF level than diet to a 10-15% level which requires full dedication and (but less ability to 'go with flow')

* Training goals:
- Am aiming for the 21.1km Perth half marathon on 8 August. Icing on cake would be going under 1 hour!
- Hilly City to Surf 12km run on last Sunday in August. I want a PB..........and by as much as poss. To achieve that I need to go under 1 hour 10.
- I want to keep up with my swimming/cycling over the winter consistently so I do better with actually entering and completing some mini and sprint triathlons next summer season in a fashion I'm satisfied with.
- Keep up strength training, - finally do 20 push ups on toes as 3 times now I've managed 10 as a PB. But just improve all round, be committed to completing resistance training across major muscle groups and across core. Improving flexibility would be a bonus too.

Of course my training plans will vary slightly week to week. Probably will be alot running orientated at the moment as I have the running events first. Then maybe Sept onwards maybe more cycling and swimming. It is poss from time to time I give myself a week or two off formalised activity just relying on say only 3 30 min powerwalks a week. Or before my next ski trip to NZ I may spend 4-6 weeks with major focus being on leg and butt strength and flexibility! But I want to have a reason, - and a plan for my training.

So while I am on track............I'm all committed to stick to this starting tomorrow 19 April. My birthday is 13 weeks away on 19 July. SO here goes, really easy hey :-)

Am about to watch Biggest Loser Finale..............Lisa or Joe I reckon!

1 comment:

Teresa said...

Looks like you've got it all figured out. Here's to you 13 week plan. You can do it.