Pip

Monday, April 19, 2010

D 1/WK 1

It didn't turn out to the best of starts today. I dislike Monday mornings with passion! I watched the Biggest Loser Finale and didn't get to bed till almost midnight after my shower. Then didn't fall asleep till after 1am cause I knew alarm was gonna go off at 3.10am. Lots to get done at work and I knew I'd be tired after the weekend so wanted to get there even earlier to feel organised. I decided to attempt calling a taxi the night before................had a more unsafe feeling than norm about this morning and was planning to hit the streets even a bit earlier to get to work on bike.

Alarm went, - urgh. Got organised. Taxi didn't rock up, (none of the taxi companies here are reliable for people wanting short fares). Still didn't come. Called. No one as usual could give an explanation so I decided to cycle to work. I won't go into detail, - nothing happened but I had a few scary people attempting to corner me on my bike demanding money and I put foot down, swerved a few corners and fled. I was chased down the road about 100 metres and screamed abuse at but those running couldn't catch me on my bike had no car amongst them and gave up so nothing happened. That was out and about at 3.45am. I do fear danger everyday when out and about by myself at that time............particularly cycling to Northbridge where I now work. I've had a few people yell stuff at me occasionally but not come running in a threatening way in my direction.

I told all the bosses at work................to see if there was any way we could attempt to arrange some deals with a taxi company so no early morning workers in my company that need a taxi endure this. At this stage as of now I don't have early starts, (earlier than 5.45-6am) unless my boss will pick me up and start the same time as me.

Training, time in bed and nutritional choices didn't get off to the best start at all today after that and work was a struggle all day.

Hmmm, - can see why I was sidetracked today to get stuck into gear.............While I could have handled food choices better in earlier portion of day I will cut myself some slack. Gotta be on form tomorrow in full!

Training: - uncomplete today.

Pip :-)

2 comments:

Teresa said...

Sounds like a scary ride. That's just awful the taxi did not show up. Glad to hear you did make it to work safe and sound. Hope you get more sleep tonight.

Kristy said...

That sound really scary Pip. I wouldnt like that at all. Thankfully no more early starts. Taxi's shouldn't be allowed to do that.