Pip

Thursday, April 15, 2010

15 APRIL 2010

Hello! Time for a short update!

Well, a little rain has hit Perth this week after none for over 6 months bar the storm a few weeks ago. Along with that has been some wind. Not alot of rain but some. We've had over 2 inches, (5cm) this year to date. Living in Southern NZ I used to HATE rain....................miserable days seemed endless and winters seemed so long and even in summer, half pleasant days could be few and far between, - or only half a day before a shitty weather change came. I really appreciate Perth for the hot sunny summers and mild, (at worst cool) instead of cold winters! Over the last week or two things have started cooling off, that is nights getting down to 12-14 degrees and days to the low 20's. So still warm really but some say it's FREEZING!

It's exactly 100 days till my birthday party as of today. My birthday is on 19th July but I intend to have my party on the following Saturday, (24th July). I am thinking of having a Hawaiian theme, (to liven up winter haha). There will be a couple of cocktail and mocktail options plus wine, beer and finger food.

I have to say myself without hopefully sounding too vain that I'm quite impressed with how I looked in the last set of party photos at my mates 30th, (a pic with me in the black dress, apricot sash and silver shoes can be seen in the blog post below). I was 68.6kg that morning, (nearly at goal of being and staying UNDER 68kg). Still a little fleshy of course around the mid section when ya compare with my calves, but looking in my opinion quite acceptable in that dress. I did exercise a good level of control to make that pic a reality, (but still had heaps of room to tighten things up to fully live in line with my values).

However, - I have slipped up somewhat since then...............have been battling the same old demons about getting back on track and fitting it back in with my lifestyle which as a hospitality shift worker in a flat doesn't have routine. As my being 'off track' lasted longer than a day that getting back on track feels tougher! And going backward just short of goal again is something that is frustrating and was not intended. No, haven't got into debt or anything.

SO:

After more consideration and re-reading Craig Harper's posts and his latest takes on 'forever change' he and I believe it comes down to some strategic non emotional planning, an accountability system and of course following through. That's doing what needs to be done on a given day, (or if situations arise where we can't we need to make an alternative controlled arrangement we are happy with given the situation). That is................doing the needed whether we feel like or not.

I guess..............going to work is such an example. By the way it's very busy at the moment too! I know I always feel like pushing the alarm off and rolling back over when it awakes me for work, - particularly at 3.20am in the morning, even more so if I only manage to fall asleep at 10.30-11pm cause of surrounding noise all around apartment,(s) and street. Getting up, dressed, brekkie, carrying bike with backpack down steps and cycling to work at that time of the morning isn't my idea of fun and can be quite scary! Taxis aren't reliable, - they only seem to rock up about 50% of the time when I've tried. But I've always gone in, - there would be guilt and dire consequences if I didn't so it would take either a bad injury or severe illness for me to miss work. However if I feel outta shape, if my personal living space isn't organised, if I am hungover and if I don't turn the lights out before 10pm, (ideally 8.15pm but that very rarely happens) getting and being at work is and feels even harder!


So living in line with my values means, - keeping to budget/getting ahead and directing money where needed, feeling in control with my nutrition and happy with my choices, (not aiming for any said perfection), making sure my personal living areas are presentable to unexpected strangers on a daily basis, (ideally when I leave the house), only drinking alcohol at social celebrations of meaning with others which should be an average of twice month or so, keeping up with the training regime I give myself each week, getting at least 7 hours lights out time a night at least 5 days a week, also trying to learn new stuff and/or have some fun.

So...............to do and create different this time before things get too outta hand:

* The focus is on the next 100 days, being in great shape with a new fitness PB or two under my belt at my party, (maintaining under 68kg easily). Beyond the 24th July I have discovered the Perth half marathon is held on 8 August. I'm very keen to enter to am aiming to finally go under 2 hours! Then City to Surf last weekend of August. So for training I will tweak around expectations slightly each week but aim for 3 runs, (one long, one 5km or 30 min treadmill, one on either hills or up and down steps), plus one swim at pool starting at 1km and focussing on speed and form initially, one bike ride of at least 3okms, 2 resistance sessions of at least 20 mins a pop each week.

AND if any unplanned slips happen............be back on track no longer than a day later no matter what. :-)



1 comment:

Kristy said...

Hey Pip, maybe I could keep my eyes open for cheap airfares and come to your birthday :)

You sound like you are doing reall well!