Pip

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

QUICK UPDATE..........................

G'day! I see I haven't blogged in close to three weeks! This hasn't been intentional......................just guess I haven't had lots of spare time and it's bedtime now pretty much so will try not to go on too long now!

So what's been happening?:
* Work has been rather full on, - doing some overtime and have been going full steam at the fastest pace I can muster most of the time haha! Nah, I've been working hard!

* BF and I have been having quite a social life the last few weekends and have a dinner out with BF's family planned for this weekend. BF is planning on some overnight motorbike trips with his mates and is eventually planning for a really big 3-4 week type one incorporating heading up north to Broome, maybe across to NT even before heading back to Perth. We caught up with his mate's family for tea last weekend. His wife swam at state and national level a few years back, she knows I occasionally attempt triathlon and came forward to help me with swimming which is fantastic and of great help to me. She has written me out a 5 day program with each day looking to incorporate 3-5kmish a hit! I'm to do a swim session twice a week and rotate the 5 days. She has offered to come, help me with my stoke etc. That's a lot of swimming, - more than I'd ever do without a program but if I improve and get stronger at it I will be stoked!

* 9 days ago the work team went to play Supa Golf in the Swan Valley, - lots of fun. Bigger balls and bigger clubs than regular Golf. I'd get frustrated with golf and my hits but could see myself really getting into Golf. This was my first attempt at any Golf bar mini Golf!

* I've booked my accommodation on the Gold Coast for the half marathon on 3 July. Have yet to book the race and part of me is wanting to just do the 10km but I still want the satisfaction of doing the half marathon so intend to enter that event. I still am striving to go under 2 hours! My excitement would be unstoppable if I did that! However finishing under 2 hrs, 6 mins would be awesome as I would have maintained 10km/h pace or 6 min kms! My PB is 2 hrs, 15 mins, 14 secs in the half in 2008 so I guess I'd be pleased to improve on that. In theory that shouldn't be hard as I was 13-14kg more then than I am today.

* I have quite a bit of work to do with running but! I did 30 mins as fast as poss on the treadmill yesterday achieving 5.56km. So that's just over 11km/h pace. The last 7 mins or so though I felt physically sick, stuffed and everything and just wanted to get off but thought of those Biggest Loser contestants and went minute by min and was glad to get to the end of 30 mins without slowing down the treadmill. Scary thing is I have to do almost 4 times that distance at a similar pace to that to do the half in under 2 hours. However I was happy with yesterday's treadmill run as it was my fastest in almost a year on the treadmill. I managed the turbo trainer today for 30 mins.

* Lately I've been maintaining my weight rather than it going down, (or up for that matter) either. Just up and down but about a kilo depending on my focus for the week but it's done that a few times. Just a bit more consistency would get it down another few/couple of kilos and help with a bit more core toning, - easy in theory haha! Was surprised/pleased to be told I was more a 12 than a 14 when using BF's Chrissy voucher to get fitted for bras last weekend! 12DD -12E! I fitted into a nice pair of demi curve size 12 Levis from the Levi shop recently but left them on the shelf.
71.4kg or 157 lb today.

* Oh, I decided to take advantage of the strong current Aussie dollar and ordered some sunglasses from USA! They retail for $320 here in Sunglasses Hut in Aussie but I am paying $183 all up to get them sent to me from the States, ($US189)! Should get them soon, - whoohoo :-)

So that's about it, till next time,

Pip :-)

2 comments:

Kristy said...

You sound like you are doing great Pip :)

Teresa said...

Sounds very busy in your world at the moment. Glad to hear all is well. Keep up the great work.