Pip

Sunday, April 24, 2011

EASTER SUNDAY< MUM'S BIRTHDAY, A WEEK IN THE 60's!

Hello, Happy Easter Sunday all! Happy Birthday for today Mum!

Oh and I've been a bit obsessed with the scales and have got on them each morning this week, (naked before brekkie of course). 7 consecutive days under 70kg achieved!
The 68.3 in my last post last Thursday was a fleeting visit and looking at it I think I was a bit dehydrated that morning due to 3 largish glasses of wine the evening prior. After eating exactly the same, (as it was convenient) on Thursday as I did on Wednesday I somewhow managed to be a whole kilo heavier on Friday morning. The only difference was more water and less wine on Thursday haha! 69.0 today,
(152 lb).

I do want to stop the daily weighing though. I think once a month weigh ins would be good. Such as the 1st of every month or as close to it as convenient. Now that I'm under 70 I REALLY don't want to get above it again. I feel somewhat leaner when I inch into the 60's so need to be here for good, (not just a week or so each year). The big thing is I still want to consolidate under 68 and stay there but under absolutely no circumstances see the 70's again.

So.........can I keep off the scales for a week, (until 1 May)? That's my first goal. And I still intend on being under 70. Maybe I could be under 68 as well? I want to train hard and eat well and drink enough water next week but I'm not prepared to starve and dehydrate for a day or two before weigh in or take a laxative for the first time. Then for the 1st of June and first of each month after the objective is that my weigh in figure is under 68kg/150lb.

I am liking my shoulders, arms, legs, calves. Midriff could still lean down a bit but improvement has been great. I tried on the Cue size 12 suit I bought in August last year. I definitely would now need a 10 in the trousers or to have these ones tailored. The size 12 jacket is roomy, can get buttoned up with extra room rather than there being a slight strain to get up buttoned up, (on the occasions I wore it I found it best to leave the jacket open).

I did the Bridges run in 56 mins, 30 secs on Wednesday, (9.6km). I did a 9.1km rather hilly run with gravel etc involved in 54 mins last week. Yesterday I did a 13km run, lots of hills on it as well. Hard work but made it! The rain has pelted down for a bit this morning but has stopped for a bit so I'm off to try and do my 5.4km run as fast as poss. Would LOVE to achieve under 30 mins for that, (there are a few hills!) I enjoyed my swim this week.

4 weeks till Run for a Reason.
10 weeks till Gold Coast half marathon.

Talk soon,

Pip :-)

2 comments:

Magda said...

Awesome achievements in both weight lost and runs completed Pip. You have every reason to be very pleased with yourself.

:-) Magda

Teresa said...

I'm so happy for you! Keep up the good work.