Pip

Saturday, April 16, 2011

ENTRIES DONE AND DUSTED..............

Howdy gang!

Well, as of this morning I actually entered the HBF Perth 14km Run for a Reason on 22 May. AND I secured my spot in the Gold Coast Half Marathon held on 3 July 2011. So all is on. Sometimes I wonder why I do this to myself! But it's all good!

I did the HBF run last year and reckon it was more 14.5km rather than 14km as there was about a 500m finishing bit to run after seeing the 14km sign. My time last year for that was 1 hour, 28 mins. Therefore I need to beat that this year, - at least I aim to finish under 1 hour, 24 mins to keep above 10kmph pace. I remember I was 74-75kg when I did that race last year and training hadn't at all been consistent. This week I put a reasonable effort in and have another 5 weeks to produce some consistency for that race.

Oh yeah, I weighed in @ 70.5kg this morning, (155.5lb). Lightest this year to date and can tell in my clothes now just a bit. Still flabby around the middle......but improving! Good to be a comfy size 12 now in general.

Talk soon

Pip :-)

No comments: