Pip

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

APRIL 2010 MISSION................

G'day!

Well I'm feeling a bit safe to post this. I've had some little minor accomplishments lately.

Namely they are:
* FINALLY managing, (not giving in) to go a consecutive 28 days with no alcohol! Infact I went 42 consecutive days, (6 weeks) with none at all. I broke the drought with a couple of glasses of sparkling wine socially last Saturday and since then haven't had any alcohol. Of course I need to stay focussed but at this stage I have achieved what I wanted to there :-) That is a social occasion/celebration social treat in moderation if consumed.

* Have kicked debt to the kerb, - AND a whole month before when I scheduled to achieve this. That took a good 11 or so weeks of consistent focus. I seem to have found some ways to cut my expenses and am getting used to them being my new 'norm'. Now the savings can BEGIN!

* I guess attaining under 70kg is an achievement of sorts. Not quite at 'goal' yet and there are still good ways I could clean up my diet/train more effectively. 69.1kg first thing this morning. The pound reading was 152.2 when I flicked scale over. I had to be at work very early this morning to cook hot cross buns amongst all other stuff! They are in demand! And got to bed too late last night so just managed 4.5 hours before the alarm went! After a big day I was given a 100g Cadbury bunny by my boss and once outside and finished I made an impulsive decision to open it and eat the ear! Then in the sun it started melting and I made an excuse to eat the whole thing. Yum! Somehow I gave into the urge to try this big gelato sundae I'd put off for weeks. Ho hum. So rough mental calorie count today was more at 2600 rather than my preferred average of 1400-1600 and I feel a bit more full such as weigh in tomorrow being up a couple of hundred grams. Also feel a little annoyed at myself for consuming it all..............then spending $9 left over in wallet from last week on a gelato sundae. I have done similar things to this about 4 times in the last 3 weeks where a little deviation from being on track can turn into a mini binge. On the positive though..................such a deviation in the past for this habitual 'all or nothing' person seemed to lead to mega outta control binges and being 'off track' for months till back at square one or somewhere around there. Lately I am straight back on track the very next day, - and if I decide to not weigh in for a day or two it is at least back to where it was when I check a couple of days later. But still room for improvement!

After much thought I've come up with APRIL'S MISSION:

Here goes:
* Keep OFF the scales for the whole month of April but weigh in on 1 May 2010. Keep consistent with training aiming to see improvements with fitness levels regarding speed, strength, agility. Keep to my training schedule unless there is a very good reason. Be disciplined about getting to bed on time...............at least 7 hours in bed/lights out at least 5 nights per week! Will have to obviously keep very organised as I live in a full apartment full! Keep up with my improved financial habits/plan and new drinking habits.
Will aimed for no unplanned deviations diet wise, (if I plan to go with a friend to a cafe and possibly have a skinny flat white OR whatever I choose and am happy with.....that's it!) Aim to not give into further impulses or temptations that arise unplanned!

THE BIGGIE: After no weighing for the month of April..................being on track fitness, food and lifestyle wise....................I intend to finally weigh under 68kg or 150lb on 1st May 2010! 69.1 this morning. Watch this space! When I make the 'under 68's' I intend to allow myself to spend $20 and get skinfolds done in the hope that 8 sites total under 100mm!

Pip :-)

1 comment:

Kristy said...

Great job Pip, you are doing such a good job. I wish I could find your focusssed mindset, so I could get back on track. April will hopefully be the month :)