Pip

Sunday, March 21, 2010

STATUS UPDATE 21 MARCH 2010

G'day! Just about to flick off the light on a Sunday night and am posting this from my bed!
Cheers Teresa, Kristy and Hilary for your lovely comments regarding my pics! Hmm, - getting there!!!

STATS UPDATE:

WEIGHT: 70.5kg (155 lb)

ALCOHOL FREE CONSECUTIVE DAYS: 36, (Still haven't found a good enough reason to cave, beat temptation on Fri and Sat) Over next couple of weeks have a couple of planned social events. Am pleased I didn't just indulge and wreck it all on day 29 or 30!

BUDGET: I reckon debt is looking on track to be gone in 2 weeks come Wednesday and with managing to keep up with saving my $25 a week toward my 30th birthday in July. This coming Wednesday birthday savings will be at $250 plus my $25 Vintage Cellar voucher!

THE PLAN: I've revised it again. Once debt is gone I've decided to save either $150 a week or $300 a fortnight. I will talk weekly as my money will be divided into thirds, (or 3 lots of $50).

$50 will go toward long term investing.....to grow......only to be used to attempt to make more money.

Another $50 will go toward a huge overseas holiday. 10 years of saving $50 a week will amount to $26000 before even thinking about interest! Either intend to go on a big round the world trip in 10 years or break it into 2 shorter trips to Hawaii/America/Canada/Carribbean in 5 years and another to lots of European destinations in 10 years.

$50 will go toward holidays to NZ every couple of years and holidays and hobbies around Australia.

The rest: - for everything else, - ideally create and maintain a little buffer for emergencies.

Next budget cut is the landline phone! Why use it when I can use an e-mail?

This weeks plan:
* 2 runs, 1 5km time trial and one 9.6km effort
* 1 bike ride of at least 30km
* 1 PUMP class
* 1 swim achieving at least 1.5km at pool
* 1 homemade resistance challenging circuit of at least 20 mins.
* No more than one medium coffee a day, (skinny flat white no sugar)
* 7 hours in bed at least 5 nights this week
* Not to regret any of my expenditure, (not buy unaccounted for spur of moment stuff at all)

Talk soon

Pip :-)

1 comment:

Teresa said...

Good for you Pip! Excellent weigh in congrats. Keep up the great work.