Pip

Saturday, March 06, 2010

DAY 21 of NO ALCOHOL...................

G'day! Am up to day 21 of my goal of at least 28 consecutive alcohol free days in a row. Am successful so far. It is having the desired effect. I still feel everyday..........I'd like a wine or whatever but am managing to overide that urge! The first week and weekend was the toughest. Now it feels like the norm not to have any.

So..............next Sunday (in 8 days) will be day 29. I am not allowed to plan on a few drinks that day for no reason or the point of this exercise is lost. Therefore from day 29 I am only allowed to drink alcohol if I choose to at social events/occasions that will be memerable in a way, (an event, party or celebration and am only allowed to drink alcohol socially with mates who are also drinking alcohol). I'd like to be able to recall most occasions I allowed myself to indulge with alcohol at the end of every calendar year.

My current 21 days is the most amount of consecutive days I'd gone with NONE at all in 10 years I now realise. My second best attempt since then was in 2006 when I once lasted 2 weeks.

So habit changing seems on be on track there. I made sure I DIDN'T give into having any diet soft drinks either as I quit them over 2 years ago. I reckon if I went back there and had 'just one' I'd find excuses to drink them again all the time cause of their lack of calories. Last week I did have about 5 cans of full strength soft drink over the week, this week just had 2 full strength ones however at the cost of about $1.50 a can. Not out of control! Because they have full sugar and calories I am satisfied after just one can. But............no more than 2 cans of full strength coke or lemonade a week and ideally none is better!

Am staying on track with budget. Couldn't pay anything off debt this week as I had rent week and other bills. I still have a couple of bills next Wednesday but am aiming to smash at least another $180 off debt, - maybe $200. By then my birthday party savings account will be up to $200 as well as I'm sticking with depositing $25 a week there. Being tight with money is hard at times LOL!

Also.............being more patient is something I have to deal with. When I have something on my mind I want to buy or want to say............I just feel a strong urge it HAS TO BE NOW! If I get a mindwave about a holiday I want to plan sometime..............it's on my mind and the first thing I do when I have time is research it. Or as soon as a bill arrives, I want it paid as soon as poss to get it outta the way. Such as if I wanted to try a particular wine.............it couldn't wait, it had to be that night after work! But on another level I'm very patient as I still haven't got any close to that Hawaii or big overseas holiday or goal of building a beachside home! But.............we can't live on impulse or credit cards seem to burst at the seams!

As for weight I'm sitting between 72.5 and 73kg in mornings at the moment. That's 160 lb, (or 159.8lb to be precise!!!) Another 5kg I will be smidging under the 68kg/150lb mark which will happen by July!

Have done some good training this week, managed 10 consecutive pushups on toes this week which equals my best and got a couple of good cardio sessions in. Work, active and busy!

Gotta get housework finished, then some more training today!

Pip :-)

1 comment:

Teresa said...

You've got such great determination Pip. Keep up the good work, you'll be at your goal in no time at all.