Pip

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

DAY 25.................WEDNESDAY 10 MARCH 2010

G'day,

Yep, have successfully completed day 25 of at least 28 with absolutely no alcohol. Finish line is in sight.............I mustn't falter............ hahaha!

I am prone to often caving into goals when the finish line is in sight............thinking I'd done well so stopping short won't really matter!

WRONG of course!

Like last year of getting and staying under 68kg but getting as close as 68.4.........., feeling rapt, excited and fit..........then bang, I slip backward in a big way. I've done that many a time!

Actually this no alcohol goal is rather easy but the mental aspect is tough at times. I've still decided I'm not going to plan a gathering or have a drink this Sunday..........day 29! It's a pretty stupid idea of celebrating 28 days of total soberity with a drink or many the following day! I haven't decided when my next drink will be,..........most likely in the next couple of weeks at a party or small social gathering or with my BF if we/I feel there is something to have a drink to! My best mate turns 30 on 3 April............I sure look forward to having a drink or two or three that evening and may continue to resist till then!

Whatever the case...........at this point I feel I've achieved what I wanted by this exercise so am happy about that. But it's a change I need to keep on top of.........like all others that require discipline and commitment!

Have been doing some running and resistance training this week, - just not happy with my performance on long runs, (or runs longer than 5km at the moment). Need more practice! But not too bad and I'm sure consistency and time will improve speed! Muscle strength.............pretty good but! I just hate training outdoors and being passed by other runners most of the time. I like to be the one doing a little of the passing of others myself!!! Running at the 7-8km mark past the Swan Brewery while many were partying all glamed up enjoying the drink on the river was tough as I was sore and frustrated with my time yesterday and had too many runners passing me! I kept going though!

Weight has entered the 71's, (71.8kg today). That's pleasing. And waist a comfortable 30.5 - 31 inches first thing in morning. I tried on the next wave of jeans which were fitting perfect around the 68.4 - 70 mark last year. All can get on/done up but just feel a little firm with a little bit/not massive amount of muffin top. So another couple of kilos will do that trick........and also getting that waist measurement to 30 inches, then under! The stretchy Lee jeans I could almost get away with. Biggest problem area seems to be the lower stomach below waist, - the rest is toning up OK. Must say lower stomach does look better than it did a while ago though!

Food nutrition.............OK but not spot on but nothing to be embarrassed about, very liveable and flexible. Probably am averaging around 1500 cals a day when I do a rough mental calculation and keeping control well. I discovered a new way to make a divine hot chocolate drink this week at work. 2 tsp choc powder, 2 marshmallows, 1 squirt of flavoured caramel syrup which we add to customers coffee. The rule is we have this in the SMALLEST cup, and after we place the above ingredients in the cup, we fill half the cup with boiling water and stir well, then add steamed skim milk to the other half of the cup and stir! A sure sweet sugary hit that tastes great with the caramel! HOWEVER...........just make it in the smallest cup, and fill half of the cup with boiling water and don't get into the habit of having them on a too regular basis! (Trainers on the Biggest Loser would say NEVER at all.....), - I say don't say NEVER, just IN-FREQUENT. I've had 2 of them over the last week, so will now back off and stick to my skinny flat whites with no sugar/one a day/no more! Some go as far as to say skinny flat whites are BAD, and go for black coffee instead, with sweeteners if needed. I don't consider skinny flat whites bad, they may have carbs but I balance the 100-150 cals a cup into my diet and consider it a way to get calcium and I need carbs!

I smashed another $220 off debt today and got some other bills paid. Stuck to my $100 budget last week for food/groceries/bus fares, entertainment and all discretionary spending. Am looking set to do the same this week and made do/didn't buy groceries today so my budget only has to span 6 days instead of 7! I can't wait to get rid of this debt, just a few more weeks! My 30th birthday party fund is now at $200 and I also have a $25 Vintage Cellars voucher which will go toward that!

I best be going, have a few jobs to do! May just look to target nutrition and training a bit more to drop those few kilos and get all round fitness levels up.

I dedicate this weekend to some good tri training!

Talk soon,

Pip :-)

1 comment:

Teresa said...

Well done Pip! I'm sure you will make to and past all your goals. You're going to be rocking your
30's. Keep well, keep strong. You can do it.