Pip

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

THE LONGEST CALENDAR MONTH................

Well, I didn't do one calendar month which had been a goal I'd attempted to achieve for several years BUT I have achieved 31 consecutive days which in my books is just as good. Even better cause no calendar months are any longer than 31 days.

Yep, that's not one alcoholic drink in the last 31 consecutive days! Finally that can be crossed off the list! I don't plan on a drink either tomorrow! My closest thing to alcohol these last 31 days was a scoop of rum and raisin gelato from the gelato shop about 3 weeks ago, (and that didn't turn into a totally indulgent binge either).

Nah, am not planning on a drink tomorrow either as there is no good reason. Yep, I am really looking forward to my next drink whenever that is. It will be at a social gathering or at a social celebration with meaning.

It's the end of this pay week and I stuck to my objectives yet again, - yay! That was to keep all groceries, food, transport costs and entertainment etc to under the $120 cash I withdrew from ATM last Wednesday. I had to buy shampoo, conditioner and cleanser with that as well. Tonight I had $2.30 worth of 5, 10 and 20 cent coins remaining in my wallet. It was a flatout day all round. A can of coke from the servo next door up-marked to $1.95 was calling my name for a few hours and I'd resisted/rode that urge the last few nights. Anyway tonight I gave in. I couldn't allow myself to have coke zero or diet coke or pepsi max as it's been well over 2 years since I quit them diet drinks completely as I used to be very hooked on them and loved to guzzle them loads cause of their lack of calories. So full sugar coke it was. I don't feel too bad about having that one can of coke though. Progress/self control enough to be in front................not perfection is the name of this game all round.

That is cause tomorrow...........................I'm not gonna allow myself to buy coke or any full sugar soft drinks as well as the diet variety. Why tomorrow? It's Saint Patricks Day so I need to dedicate something to my Irish friends! So a good day to make a stance! It want be too hard as it's only been the last few weeks that I got into a bit of a habit of having a can or two of full strength soft drink per week and it's not an addiction.

I did another 9.6km run last night outside, was pleased to see a notable time improvement from my attempt at that last week. Still much work to do though to attain my ultimate objectives there but!

71.2kg today or 157 lbs. Getting closer to the under 68kg/150lb objective. Before brekkie first thing today over bare skin my waist at most narrow point was smack on 30 inches held firm but without wrinkling or creasing my skin with tape measure. Diet has been spot on last few days bar tonights can of coke, (but still under 1600 cals today) and was very active all day.

Talk soon all, time to do next weeks budget now!

Pip :-)

1 comment:

Teresa said...

Doing great! Hope you have a Happy Saint Patricks Day. We always celebrate Saint Patricks Day the weekend before. The reason being, it is too difficult to party during the week. As for springing ahead, a couple of years ago Canada and US decided to move the time change up a few weeks, so the remainder of the world will spring forward behind us in a couple of weeks. Keep well and keep strong.