Pip

Thursday, June 03, 2010

IT'S AMAZING HOW MUCH LEAN MINCE CAN SPAN OUT!............

I'll just start hear by saying that tonights tea was about 120g 'heart foundation tick' beef mince, 3 cloves garlic diced fine, leftover half an onion chopped, leftover half a red capsicum chopped, 6 mushrooms chopped, 5th of a tin the lowest sugar/fat pasta sauce leftover and a squirt of no salt tomato paste, maybe 1/4 cup water, a pinch of fennel seeds, small pinch of pepper and green herbs. And served with a couple of floreats of lightly microwaved broccoli. The broccoli was on the side, all other vegies and sauces chopped and inside the mince! What a substantial serve that looked! I even contemplated having half now, and freezing half for another meal as it looked perhaps a bit bigger than I thought it should have! I was hungry though, and had just had a big gym workout and yep, it was 9 hours since my last meal, (I work weird shifts with an early lunch break) but did have an arvo skinny flat white coffee)! It all was eaten in one meal LOL and was good. The moral here though it's amazing how much vegies or salad can span out any meal size...........for few calories and lots of nutrients! I've always found that! I habitually aim to eat a kind of substantial portion controlled brekkie and lunches with wholegrain carb bases, maybe fruit instead of coffee if I have it as an arvo snack, then a lower carb dinner but if carbs are involved with dinner.......watch portion!

I have been on to it with training.......being on track etc this week so far. Today I was buggered and really wanted to flag the gym and miss my workout! However I knew tomorrow was going to be my 'day off' so decided I had to suck it up today after work to stay committed haha! My average half hour tready distances have been around 5.3km (and totally fatigued at end). Today I really didn't feel like it and managed 5.08km. Still, at least I did it :-) I got in some body resistance work reluctantly too.

I'm aiming for 3 runs per week for now, (one long one around 10km, one interval 30 min run, one 5 km or so hilly run building up), 1 bike ride, (steady, 20km min ride will do for now), one swim, (am just aiming for a km focussing on form, technique and little stopping), 1 BodyPump class, one small 15 min resistance body weight workout building up per week. So that's 7 training things but I'm aiming to fit them into 6, (sometimes 5) days so I get a day or two off intense training per week. I wanna build up slightly..........aiming for City to Surf 12km run first, then short triathlons after that. After City to Surf I wanna replace one run for either a swim or ride then stick with that for a bit.

Bedtime here, have a good one!

Pip :-)

2 comments:

Teresa said...

Sleep well you earned it. Congrats on sticking to your routine. I'm sure you are going to to great at your next marathon.

Kristy said...

Your plan sounds very similar to mine and your dinner sounds great. It's amazing what you can make out of a few vegies. I am going shopping sometime this weekend to stock on lentils and stuff. Another cheap way to add volume.

You are doing really well :)