Pip

Tuesday, June 08, 2010

SO WHAT'S GOING ON HERE?...........

Howdy!

Well firstly I've banned myself from moaning or talking about 'plans' my weight/fitness/body composition. I'm allowed to talk of notable meaningful achievements (to me) as they happen in this area but am not allowed to whinge. So..........nothing of major note to report!

Last weekend I bought a new handbag! I'd been wanting one for sometime. It's a black Fossil Liberty tote bag, - had been making this decision of 'which one' for month and eventually caved in! (Fossil being the brand). I still haven't used it, it's hanging on my bedpost for admiration! One thing for sure is that any lippie or sunscreen or pens etc will be in another separate bag as I don't want leakage!!!

Today I bought some new comfy work sneakers. OK, they are Adidas runners that were on special, white and pink in colour. I'm not allowing myself to use my good Brooks runners for work. My old runners I used to wear to work, (after having them as my running shoes for a year) were falling apart, getting holes in the sole and basically were dirty/stunk no matter how much I tried to wash or scrub them. I tried wearing my cheap Target slip on closed in black shoes for work for a few days but they are so flat soled, I over pronate out badly, have uncomfy feet all day and have even been getting slightly sore ankles after wearing them all day, (being on my feet and walking all day in them) so I succumbed to new shoes.

I definitely love long weekends but dislike going back to work after them, - like everyone I spose! On Sunday BF and I went down to his parents home for lunch where BF did a job for them. His parents made us spaghetti bolognase followed by pavlova for lunch. Both, BF's Mum and my Mum can make the best pavlova! :-)

I really need to find myself being a very tight scrouge over the up and coming weeks due to my recent spending!!! Still am not in debt or anything and I refuse to touch my small savings account with my other online bank as that account is called 'Future Focus'. However I need to save money for my party over again, - have a couple of bills to pay first and my rent is now higher. So installments to 'Future Focus' will be drastically reduced for a few weeks. I have a 30th cocktail party of a friends at a nice bar to attend this Saturday but am thinking I may have to stick to water as I can't afford to buy expensive cocktails! It will be a good night though!

Talk soon all, have a good one :-)

Pip :-)

1 comment:

Teresa said...

Congrats on your new purchases. If you're on your feet all you need a good solid pair of shoes. Wish I had a long weekend, our next two statutory holidays fall on Thursdays this year. Too bad they didn't just chose the holiday to be on the second Friday of the month or something like that. Now we get a random day in the middle of the week, which sucks big time.
Keep up the good work Pip.