Pip

Sunday, June 13, 2010

DOINGS and 'BURN THE FAT, FEED THE MUSCLE' thoughts........

G'day, there seem to have been new blog templates to try so I had a little play and came up with this new blog colour theme!

Last night I went to a workmates 30th birthday masquerade party, photos of it are on my facebook! Must say it was a fun night all round! I really enjoyed it! It was a bit more of an effort than I expected finding two cheap masks for BF and I but we got there in the end!

I also went to the hairdressers on Friday for a TRIM! I went into a new place in passing advertising TRIMS for $20 thinking that was what I was gonna get! I asked for a basic TRIM around the layers and ends, that's all! The hairdresser then told me how good in her opinion a side fringe would look on me! I said, 'I dunno about that', she said she would come back to it after cutting the rest. She did, I then said, um, um, this isn't the plan! Next thing..............hack! She took that as a cue to give me a fringe!!! I didn't say yes..........or no but I got one. She then told me that to really make the best of my hair that I really need a professional colour job as my last supermarket one wasn't good! I stood my authority on that one and didn't get swayed in! I told her it was my birthday soon,.........she reckons turning 30 is an excuse for a drastic change and thought I should go platinum blonde all over! I also had about 3cm cut off my hair instead of the requested 1cm so hair is basically now sitting on shoulders at longest layers rather than being ever so slightly past shoulders! Yesterday morning I put my own permanent hair colour in which is a 3.6, (dark mocha brown). So the lesson is ya need to be totally specific and assertive to hairdressers if you are fussy! My 'trim' I specified turned into a $35 style cut as she did a fringe without full consent haha!

Now............Burn the Fat! The e-book has been a very informative interesting read for me! I have been deciding how I'd interpret the info toward bettering myself! Tom talks about I guess the ultimate way to go about burning the fat and feeding the muscle. There is lots of science behind what he says and he also acknowleges that no one exact way fits all to become the best we can be. He does talk about women striving for 5 meals a day, and men 6 meals! Ideally largest meals are at brekkie and taper throughout day in size. He thinks regular meals on the time dot are the go and is even known to chant to himself about losing muscle etc when he is late for a meal! Some need lower carbs, some can get away with 55% carbs. Tom suggests we get used to counting exact calories and planning exact macronutrients for meals. And if fatloss is a goal, he recommends heaps of cardio as well as weights. He recommends regular, (ie weekly) body fat % measurements as well as weigh ins.

As far as I go............working in hospitality/living with others I feel it's impossible to eat meals at the exact time daily, or get 5 perfectly spaced meals in with 3 hours between my last meal and bedtime! However I do know where improvements can be made, - and can get in four meals daily with adequate spacing. Tom suggests 4 meals a day will achieve 60-70% the results that 5 will for most people. My goals are also endurance/strength related as well as body composition relaed. It's a very good read! Even if we can't/don't do it perfectly any improvements made will be good and the book says so too!

Gotta go soon! Work tomorrow!

Pip :-)

1 comment:

Teresa said...

Like to the layout of the blog. Got my hair done this weekend too. Not sure I'm that happy either. Glad to hear you had a good time at the party. It is difficult to eat on schedule when you have lots of obligations. Keep up the great work