Pip

Monday, May 16, 2011

NICE RUNNING HAPPENING AT THE MOMENT!!!........

Well, - I completed the 'Bridges' 9.6km effort in just on 51 mins today. I'm sure that is a PB for 'The Bridges' and probably almost betters my 50 min 5 sec PB on my 9.3km effort back in 2006. It's a mainly flat run but there are a couple of flights of steps on it, - down one and up the other!!! If I could keep up that pace, (or close to it) for my 14km run this weekend and my looming half marathon I would be super stoked now.

Just recently I've noted my 'cruising' pace to be at least 10kmph and race pace is slightly above that which I'm super pleased with. I'm sure losing weight and body fat and getting the nutrition mix suitable has helped. However it takes time and patience.

When heavier when trying to eat less and notably cut carbs..........it can effect running pace at times as can not enough sleep or water or too much alcohol the night prior!

I am still tentative with how I place my injured ankle last week with each foot strike. By that I slow down slightly when turning corners suddenly and make sure I place foot/toes squarely on the ground. If doing all that it's not sore.

Another thing I am pleased with is that I resisted temptation to be a 'pig' after my social yummy lunch/dessert yesterday. After my moderate amount of dessert, lunch and wine yesterday I did feel like over-eating on all types of yummy sweet things followed by lots of cheese when I got home till I'd consumed an insane quantity and got over full! I know once I lose control, - it's a bugger to get back and can take a while and too much self loathing!

However I resisted, stuck to a sensible tea, woke up without a 'junkfood or overeating hangover' and was fully on track today nutrition wise and trained hard, (see run story above). I didn't weigh self though incase I was a couple of hundred grams more than yesterday morning cause of Sunday lunch and didn't want to start bloody Monday with a defeated attitude about that!

Another thing I will mention is:
* I'm suddenly not overly worried about how others perceive me.

For sure I'm still a natural people pleaser to a degree and like to impress others and make life easier for them if I can. But that's to a degree as well.

Also I guess lots of the time I haven't had lots of confidence in myself. Admittably I've thought of myself fat, (to different degrees at various times), someone who wastes/undos any hard work or effort I make therefore can't maintain control. Have thought of myself as a bit (or quite) clueless/hopeless at times. On the positive I did always know I'm relatively friendly, helpful, (or try to be) means well, reliable and do at times perservere with stuff. But I shot myself in the foot thinking I wasn't that talented or good at anything.

Amongst all that I did crave validation that I'm cool, worthy etc.

However lately I'm suddenly not so bothered at all about validation. I may certainly not be 'perfect' but am a reasonable worthy person with strengths and weaknesses like most of us!

1 comment:

Teresa said...

Just catching up on your blog. You've done a wonderful job. All that hard work has paid off. Great photos. Looking good!!!