Pip

Sunday, May 22, 2011







2011 14km RUN FOR A REASON.........22 MAY plus LEANEST ABS SINCE 2002!!!


OK, firstly today was race day. 14km Run for a Reason 2011!

I guess I will start with my GUN time. I crossed the finish line just a small tad under 1 hour, 15 mins, (maybe 1 hour, 14 min, 50 sec or so). I would guess my NET time to be 30 secs to 1 min faster, (you know the time it actually takes to get from your place in the starting herd actually to the start line where the race actually takes place from).

Now to say I'm stoked with that is an understatement! I'm super mighty impressed. It's a shaving of about 14 mins off last years time. My goal this year I was shooting for was c) to beat last years 1 hr, 28 something, b) to beat 1 hr 24 so I average 10kmph, and a), - I decided I'd be super pleased if I could get under 1 hr 20. So you may understand that sub 1 hr 15 is extremely thrilling!!! The day started at 5am when BF and I got up. I didn't get lots of sleep due to anticipating the run for some reason. It was a cold night by Perth standards and a cold morning. I reckon well below 10 degrees at 6.45am if not below 5 degrees LOL.

Alrighty: - I must say that my last few runs have been pleasing. My long run 'cruising' pace seemed to have increased. And I'd had a few consistent 'good' runs! That is despite a cold a couple of weeks back and then a lightly sprained/turned ankle. I hadn't got all the runs I'd wanted to get in, (that being 4 per week). Quite often I'd only got in 2 runs, a swim or two and my bit of resistance training. However work has been very active and busy, (ok not quite sweat busting that often but just in general flat out, on the go with lots of bending, lifting, constant movement for many hours on end)! If overtime is needed it's hard to get motivated to train after an active work day!

The other pics in the bra, dark grey trackkies are from Thurs morn this week before putting on work top and having brekkie. Just thought I'd have a look. I would have to say that is my flattest stomach and leanest torso since 2002! I didn't weigh in that morning but yesterday morn was 65.3 first thing before brekkie. That is my lightest since 2002 as well.

Anyway I've kept under the 68kg now for 22 days and have been under 70kg for 34 days. I don't weigh daily but haven't seen numbers above these since then. And I want it to stay that way. Infact ideally I think a maintenance of between 60-65kg would be awesome to forever maintain. That would roughly be between 20-25% BF unless I gained a heap of muscle. So I will exercise my cut off point to still be 68kg but will aim for the lower half of the 60's to get and stay with!

A bit to do, - talk soon. In my run photo I was wearing a sports bra, - hence possible lack of chest definition!

Pip :-)

1 comment:

Teresa said...

You've worked hard and it shows. I'm so happy for you. All the best.