Pip

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

RUN FOR A REASON..............

I bit the bullet and entered this..............this Sunday! There was a 4.5km run option and a 14km run option. As I've not done alot of running of late and that the runs I have done haven't been much over 5km the 4.5km option made the most sense! I wasn't planning on entering this event and haven't trained for it.............but decided I was over being a 'gunner' and it was time to actually do something I set out to do in the sporting field again! And the opening to following up on more opportunities!

BUT some wave came upon me and I put my name down for the LONG 14km run. This is the second largest running event in Perth, (second to City to Surf) in a year and the Freeway is even closed for it! I have a reason.........had to write it on my entry form LOL!

So hoping I can jog/shuffle the whole way, will see! If I knew I was *fit* I'd be aiming for the 1:15 - 1:20 mark. For now I think I'd be pleased to finish around the 1:30 mark and then be able to carry on with my day! Fitness rules!

This will be my first race since my triathlon well over a year ago.

C ya

Pip :-)

No comments: