Pip

Thursday, May 13, 2010

LATEST HAPPENINGS.........................

Howdee! Hope everyone is having a good/fun/perhaps productive week!

So, what's been happening with me?:
* My night out last Friday was a good one, loads of fun! We visited a couple of bars, did some dancing, drank some sparkling vino!

* After a late one on Friday night, I got off to a late start on Saturday! I got some housework done, then went to BF's, watched the footy and had a quiet one.

* On Sunday, (Mothers Day) I was again too lazy as far as doing a Mothers Day run. I want to improve there LOL! BF went to his voluntary Bush Fire Brigade training before 8am and I got into making some sushi and salads for a party he hosted at his house for his family and relatives to celebrate Mothers Day!

This week has been work as per normal. Weather is cooling down, (those born and bred in Perth or further north think it's FREEZING! Most customers seem to come into the shop shivering and freezing/putting on a bit of a show and moaning of the cold weather! OK, - it's cooled off! A couple of nights and early mornings, (before 8am) this week have made it down to about 8 degrees celcius. But the days are still hitting at least 20 degrees/perhaps today only got to 19 as it was an overcast day and I woke to a period of heavy rain last night! So hardly 'freezing' but a bit cooler. However those from where I was born would describe Perth current weather as 'mild', 'warm' some would say even 'hot'. However I remember these same customers describing the weather two - three months ago as 'horrid/too hot' and came in moaning about that! Weather is weather people!!! Deal with it!!! :-) I'm a hot weather/summer fan but hardly call this weather cold yet!

Other news:
* 2 of my flatmates are moving out in a couple of weeks to continue travelling. My flatmate who originally signed the lease and myself will remain. We have lived together the last 4 years!!! We have decided not to replace the departing flatmates. Instead we will both pay a bit more rent for the remaining 2.5-3 or so months we are here. More fridge/freezer/living space will be a big bonus though.

* When the lease expires at my current apartment in August I am moving up to BF's in the Perth Hills, a 25-30 min drive and 25km from the city centre. This will be after living the last 4 years in the same apartment! I am looking forward to that, this will be a new experience for both of us!!! At this stage I will keep the same job, there are heaps of buses into the city from his place and back out to his and the earliest bus gets into the city at 6.40am so the earliest I will be able to start work is 7am. His home is a 4 min walk from nearest bus stop. He has a quarter acre block so has a big back yard.

* Photoshoot is exactly 10 weeks tomorrow. Yikes!

* I won't go on about it but I will state the ongoing non-negotiable behaviours I vow to stick to from now on, (Friday 14 May 10). This isn't a 10 or 12 week challenge, - rather on going! Quicker to write here than handwrite in another notebook.

- Maintain bedroom and all personal living areas in an organised/tidy/clean state daily to a standard I wouldn't be ashamed if unexpected guests walked in, (before I hit bed and before whenever I leave the house) EVERY day! (Not when I feel like it).

- No drinking alcohol alone ever to chillax! Only permitted for social occasions with others. Unless it's classified to me as a really big occasion, (up to 10 a year allowed) I've got to keep to 3 drinks or less each occasion I choose to drink socially!

- At least 7 hours 'lights out' time a night at least 5 nights per week!

- Keep to my budget ideals, - making sure I stay out of debt, stay on track with my savings objectives and spending allowances. Will involve keeping focussed and not giving into impulsive temptations.

- Keep to dietary choices/amounts I'm happy with. Not strict dieting as such at all but decent nutrition and awareness and control plus calorie and serving size awareness.

- Last, (prob least important but still vital haha) is training! To train I need to meet all above objectives! Training is a privilege! Training objectives will always change, again I will work on devising a training plan for the week ahead! Occasionally after stints of big efforts for events like triathlons etc I may devise a couple of weeks to only brisk walking or something. 6 days per week is training aim!

So that doesn't sound much different to many of my other lifestyle day to day 'plans'. But if I stay committed to these I will be achieving loads.
When I say training is 'least important' - that is cause I do have an active lifestyle already to a degree. I think it would be possible to attain/maintain the goal weight I want with my training being a 45 min brisk walk 6 days a week plus my active lifestyle/keeping up brisk incidental activity and consuming an average of about 1500 cals a day. Of course fitness progress would stop after a while and I may not get that athletic edge and look. But the idea of a brisk walk may be more inviting than running 30 mins as fast as poss or attempting a 10km PB and if we flag the run off to lie on couch eating junkfood, then feel guilty............the 45 min brisk walk is sure the better option! Also the endorphins and highs and satisfaction from hard training and workouts is great!

Talk soon

Pip :-)

2 comments:

Kristy said...

Pip that is so exciting that you and your BF are moving in together. It must be going really well for you :)

Also only 2 in your unit will be great as well.

Everything is looking so positive for you.

Take care
Kristy

Loomis said...

Hey there loving the blog! I was wondering if you would be interested in exchanging links? I am looking add more great self improvement blogs to my blog roll. Let me know if you wanna exchange links :)

Success Demands Action: A Self Improvement Blog