Pip

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

NEW SEEDLINGS, DRIVING and DOINGS...............

G'day, firstly tomorrow is the last day of Sept, then 3 months of 2010 left, - wow, sorry to remind ya!

Last weekend I did buy some seeds, potting mix and some pots to attempt to grow some herbs. I tried a packet of Yates Chives, a packet of Yates Parsley and a packet of Yates spring onion. Yesterday I put some fertiliser seeds on each of the pots when watering. The spring onions reckon they are the first to germinate, 10-14 days the packet reckons so I will see what happens. I'm interested in trying to grow some cherry tomatoes as well and found I that I need a stick in the soil to tie them to as they grow. All this is completely new to me but that's the news there haha!

I've done a couple of drives of recent. I went ot a party 20 mins away on Sunday and that was OK. I've driven to a couple of new simple to most people locations and yesterday drove to the fuel station to put fuel into car amongst all traffic in different directions then. No stalling gears and am feeling less nervous! Good to see improvement. (I was a more confident driver in NZ, even on my Uncles auto a few years ago. But I learnt in a manual and it's good not to throw the manual driving ability away, even if a bit scary to get used to in busy hilly areas again!)

Have done a few worth mentioning runs since the last post. One was a rather hilly run for an hour and my heart rate monitor says I hit 206bpm in some points and my average heart rate was 98% of the normal projected max for my age. I'm 30 and the average max heart rate is 220 minus your age. I did a 30 min treadmill effort
the other day, went as hard as poss! I did a 5kmish hilly 30 min run last night and felt fast for me which was good, (that was after a busy active day at work. Have done a bit of resistance work a couple of times a week, (am working toward increasing this still) and have been active/busy at work etc.

I confess to getting on the scales, I seem to about twice a week. The day after I got back from NZ I was 77.4, 1.5 weeks ago was 77.3 and this morn 75.8. Under 68kg by Christmas 2010 and New Year 2011? Am feeling on track to give it a decent shot and to see my fitness continue to improve! However I MUSTN'T see 80 this year, I haven't so far and have 3 months to go. If I achieve that feat this year it will be the first time since 1999 and last year my cut off point I succeeded with was 85. Many years before that it was 90! Again I only saw the horrid 90 once but on many different occasions saw 89.something or 88.something before cracking down! I will let you know new goals for 2011 when the time comes. I did probably overindulge slightly on Sun night at the party food wise, (yummy steamed prawns, salad, beaut cheeses, cooked cold roast chicken THEN yummo woodfired pizza and birthday cake) but didn't go haywire for days afterward, infact back to norm the next day which was good. I even did the 10km run a few hours before party so felt good about that haha!

Talk soon all, till next installment whenever that is!

1 comment:

Teresa said...

Hope you seeds produce lots good pickings. Good luck with getting use to a manual. Looks like you are keep on target with everything. Keep up the good work. This year is flying by way too quickly.