Pip

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

DOING'S and IDEAS to rock me till end of 2010.....and beyond......

Hello peeps! Just a quick call in here. Am back at work after NZ, am stuck into my savings objectives and am enjoying living up with BF. I'm aiming to do a bit of car driving at weekends to build confidence there little by little.

However what I still really want to do and must do after these many years of yoyoing blahdeblah is.............lose body fat/weight and keep it off for good, (or within a range). I'm 1.71m and think a good mid road target is to get under 68kg or 150lb which had me at 26-27% BF last time I was there. The last few times I've gotten close I seem to go off the rails when getting to 68.something kg! I've just gotta finish the job! However the objective isn't just to hit 68! The idea is to stay under 68kg so am striving for 65kg which should get my BF to around 25% hopefully. Then the objective is to stay in a range of about 64-68kg but never above 70kg and to keep body fat under 30%.

Then again if after time......................my body is a machine and I get ultra fit through my lifestyle and drop down to 60-62kg with BF in low 20%s I sure won't complain either!!!

So the weight goal is: under 68kg on Christmas morning before my early morning run. As of Saturday morning that is 14 weeks away. And I must be still under 68kg on New Years morning 2011 one week later haha!

However one thing I have noticed is that now being 30 and for the last year or so in particular I don't seem to drop fat/weight as quickly as I used to by doing the same I did a few years ago, apparently that is normal though. If I am pleased with my self control and effort I won't beat myself up if I don't quite make my goals, (but have been consistent and focussed with self control to a point that I'm satisfied with). If there isn't a drop of at least 5kg however by Christmas and I've put in a good effort I'd get a medical. I'd say after a day's bloat has gone I've got about 10kg to shift to get under 68kg. Weigh in last Sunday morn was 77.4.

I still seem to be very on track if focussed, refocussing is a challenge. But still I struggle with moderation but know it can be changed.........for good. I haven't seen 80kg this year yet and don't want to. If I accomplish that it will be the first I've got through a year with not seeing 80 or anything above since 1999. I started the year at 78.8.

I still have the fitness objectives as well as the composition ones. I want to do some short triathlons over summer, work toward some running PB's with the first one being triathlon pink on 7 Nov.

For next few weeks basic training objectives look something like this:
Monday: brisk 30 min walk outdoors or day off or aerobic based gym class
Tuesday: 60 min Body pump class doing best as poss with focus also on correct form
Wednesday: RPM class at gym or 20km bike ride outdoors if I can get home before dark.
Thursday: 30 min run treadmill as fast as poss followed by stretching
Friday: day off
Saturday: Swim at pool, focussing on technique and speed starting at 1.5km and building up to 2km. 20 min resistance session focusing on a circuit with things like plank, pushups, dips, lunges, crunches etc.........repeat blahdeblah and stretching.
Sunday: Long run outdoors including hills.

* Monday's workout may change to be either a run, a ride or swim as the weeks progress. I also may change what I do on particular days around to fit in with work schedules etc.

I intend to partake in this or similar regime for next few months starting Thursday 16 Sept 2010. Of course training may change in a few months time and their may be the odd planned recovery weeks and having to work around injuries. But I want to work hard to stick to at least 2 resistance training sessions of at least 20 mins each every week and hardworking cardio sessions of at least 30 mins each every week.

I't's out there now. And I'm gonna try and bite the bullet and not weigh in until 4 weeks tomorrow, - then will post the result here. I will keep a personal diary but will update here in a week or two.

Talk soon
Pip :-) - Gotta nail this, - permanent control but not perfection!!!

1 comment:

Kristy said...

Great to have you back Pip :)