Pip

Thursday, September 23, 2010

UPDATE OF DOINGS...........

I'll do my best to keep this short as I'm heading off to bed soon!

Firstly Happy Birthday to my sis in NZ, she turns 40 on Sunday, - have a good one! As they say 40 is the new 30!!! Hopefully 30 is then the new 20!!! :-)

Weather is hotting up in Perth, we are hitting the late 20's here now for a daily high, it's beaut, warm and sunny. It's great that it's lighter in the mornings and evenings. Perth needs rain badly but. Sprinkler bans for watering gardens are now down to one day a week so lush green lawns etc are out of the question here! NZ has been getting some cold weather of late though, rather cold and wet and windy of late! My parents last weekend even had snow at their place in NZ, - at least 6 inches on the ground which is close to sea level for them. The photos looked unreal..............however heavy snow to those levels in mid-late September is rare.

As for the training mission, - well...........unfortunately I can't say I've followed the exact plan outlined in the post below but I have been easing myself in my weird way to ya know, get and stay on track haha! Running and body weight resistance work has featured along with going flat out at work all day. Have tightened up a little on diet and even spending this week as well which I'm happy about, (maybe not at some moments but in general haha)! Looking back at the end of a week it's satisfying to see frivilous things I resisted the urge to buy or consume on impulse and to see cash in the bank, - some of which goes toward savings and other bits of it go toward my long term holiday plan!

I managed a longer drive last weekend and a few other shorter ones to new for me locations and feel I'm improving there. No way am I someone who likes to drive in busy inner city areas with lots of lanes but am getting better. I'm not used to busy city driving, - it scares me but am now feeling more confident in my manual and am glad I have a manual.

This weekend am wanting to buy some seeds and pots to attempt to grow some chives and maybe even cherry tomatoes. I've never done that! And of course watch the footy grand final. Sunday I have a birthday party to attend, just may even sober drive again to it as it's near where another party last weekend was that I drove to. Monday is a public holiday, I will be working though for a few hours.

Talk soon all,

Pip :-)

1 comment:

Teresa said...

Happy Spring! Congrats on sticking with the training. You're doing great. Have a lovely long weekend.