Pip

Sunday, July 04, 2010

MID 2010 REVIEW...........

I'm coping Magda's idea here, (cheers Magda) and have decided to give a bit of an update on 2010 to date, - although it's 4 days late but never mind!

I don't have a list of goals for 2010 still posted on here but I do remember what they are...........and they are still the same.

Work: not much change really, am 2IC at a shop that opened this year for my current company. Recently a franchise have bought it, but I will still have a job somewhere in the company. I was offered weekend managing recently for a shop, (having 2 days off in the week) but for the sacrifices involved in my weekends have decided not to go for it. I would need to worry about driving/parking as public transport won't start early enough at weekends and I would only get $40 a week more.
Pretty much just the normal otherwise.

Fitness: I started a novice triathlon training course with great intentions, but without a car and with working full time it was quite a struggle to get to all the training locations on time on my bike! I did well for a few weeks then hurt my back, then sort of got out of the momentum, and it was getting darker/into autumn and cycling out in the evenings was feeling less safe. But I still carried on training on my own. One accomplishment I'm pleased with is a 2km run time trial I did. I did the first km in 4:55 but did slow off slightly in the second km to finish that one just over 5 mins. Also I did the 14.5km Run for a Reason at end of May in 1 hour, 28. Have been a bit inconsistent with training, but quite active in day to day doings.

Weight: Started off 2010 at 78.8. Was under 75 by end of Jan and peaked at 68.6kg on 3 April. I lost my way a bit and got up to 75.7, (see pics below) and this morning weighed in at 73.5kg. My cut off point used to be 90kg, but when I got under 85kg last time, (about 22.5 months ago) I said I would never see 85 again and have stayed true to that! So if we drop another 5kg off that and not see above 80 in 2010 that is a success in a way, - I can do better than that though!
However more than weight I'd love to get my body fat to under a seemingly modest 25%, if I do enough resistance training consistently and get under 68kg I don't think I'd be too far off that.............aim for end of 2010! That's as well as tri training.

Finances: - am doing a bit better here but must work on consistency! One day at a time as I can still go well, then blow it! I have decided if I aim to save less, but just more regularly that could result in a better result in the longer term!

Otherwise: 2 weeks till I turn 30 tomorrow. I had been feeling a bit annoyed at myself recently because there was all this stuff I was hoping to achieve by 30 but hadn't! Body wise, fitness wise, finance wise, experience wise etc and it was often an issue of not finishing what I started. I have a photo shoot in 2 weeks, 5 days and my party is in 2 weeks, 6 days. A year ago I had thoughts of being in the shape of my life, looking like a sports model in my photo shoot ladeda............and never having a weight issue beyond 30!
However while I won't have under 20% body fat in 2 weeks I have let go somewhat in the last week. What will be will be at the time, and if I stay true to my values and goals on a daily basis that will be fine! While I'm a bit overweight it's not hugely so and it's common for athletes to even get that way occasionally, (if their training but not eating drops off). 6kg fat gone I'd be very happy and 10-12kg fat gone I'd be rather lean and prob size under 20% body fat! But if I'm happy with day to day actions, control I'm good with that, - even if it takes 6 months to remove 6kg although if I stay focussed I'm sure it will happen a bit quicker than that! Oh, another success for 2010 is that I went 6 whole consecutive weeks without a drop of alcohol, and seem to have got into the habit of drinking only on 2 days a week if I do now.

So now am looking forward to the party, Dad coming over, the photoshoot. Will get a car, (thinking 5 door Toyota Corolla auto hatch)! Will move to BF's in 5 weeks. Next planned race is City to Surf 12km run on 29 August. I do want to do a couple of at least Sprint distance triathlons over the summer. Other tasks I need to become capable of are: taking bike tyres off/on, pumping up bike tyres alone, being able to change a tyre on a car if needed by myself. I also intend to try growing at least one variety of vegetable in a pot or similar when I move to BF's and have more space.

Pip :-)

2 comments:

Kristy said...

Wow you have a lot coming up Pip. I bet you are excited about your new car. When do you think you will get it?

Your photoshoot will be oodles of fun and it doesn't matter what you weigh, you will look beautiful. I would love to do one, maybe one day.

Teresa said...

You're doing a great job on all fronts. Keep up the wonderful work.