Pip

Monday, July 12, 2010

NEW CAR NEWS................GOT ONE!

Howdy!

I put a deposit on a car today. After yesterday saying I would get an auto......guess what! I bought a manual hahaha!

It's a 2003 Toyota Corolla Ascent manual 4 door, 5 speed hatch in silver and has done just on 60 000kms. It has a little spoiler on the back. I got it after it was reduced in price which was I think due to it being a manual and a few years older. 2005-2008 autos seem to get snapped up really fast and are quite notably more expensive.

The bike will fit in the back easily with the back seat folded forward and the front wheel removed, - one of my main requests of a car! Other bags etc will fit around it. BF has liked this car from day dot and has test driven it a few times on 3 different days at the dealer. I have loved this car too but was looking out for autos, and maybe in a slightly later year, - but unwilling to pay the extra money!

I hope to improve my driving skill level. I think manuals could be good for that. I will feel a sense of accomplishment when I feel confident in driving a manual again well. My first car in NZ was a manual, then I had an auto. In the last 4 years I've hardly done any driving except sober drive BF in his manual ute about 4 times on quiet roads. I am hoping to keep out of really tight busy small inner city areas.

Talk soon! I pick it up on Saturday!

Pip :-)

2 comments:

Teresa said...

Congrats on your purchase. Enjoy getting to know your new car.

Kristy said...

Great news Pip, sounds like a great car. Can't wait to see the photos, which reminds me I will put photos up on the weekend of mine :)