Pip

Tuesday, January 26, 2010







These pics are the aftermath of training today. A 5.29km thirty minute run on the treadmill as fast as absolutely possible today, Australia Day. So please excuse the sweat, wet clothes, awful hair and no makeup! Other activity involved a bikeride to beach for swim!!! I look something typical to this after most my workouts haha!

Other news: I'VE REGISTERED AND PAID FOR THE WOMEN'S TRIATHLON AT HILLARYS ON 28 FEB 2010 TODAY! Am doing the middle distance but was tempted to give the longer one a go. For mine the swim is either 250 or 350m, the bikeride is 7km and run is 3km. The longer one is a typical sprint distance, (750m swim, 21km bike and 5km run). There is another triathlon at Hillarys being held on 11 April the day after this tri course finishes. I have full intent of doing the longer sprint distance for that.
All scary as I don't have the flash bike shoes, clipless pedals, cleats or anything but am wanting to give it a whirl and not feel outta place!

Other news is I threw out lots more old magazines today. Now I don't have any 'Oxygen mags' or 'Womens Health and Fitness' or 'Slimming' or 'Weightwatchers' mags in the house. I still have my triathlon and multi-sport mags and outdoor pursuits type mags as I find these really interesting. I still have a couple of 'Australian Women's Health' ones, - I like these along with a couple of the free 'Fitness First' ones. I'm sure I will be in Borders reading and flicking through new editions of Oxygen and the like but am banned from buying them! The continuous job of trying to de-clutter!

Am really not looking forward to starting work at 4am and cycling there. I'm worried about lots of drunk and drugged people even more than normal tomorrow cause of Australia Day and taxis are unreliable. It's such an un-natural time to get up. I can handle getting up at 5am but not hate getting up before then!

2 comments:

Teresa said...

You've really worked yourself out. Congrats on signing up for the tri, I'm sure you are going to do a wonderful job. Hope all goes well on your trip into work. Keep well.

Magda said...

Hey Pip,

looking hot!! Thats exactly how I look too after a decent workout and I'm damn proud of every bead of sweat that pours down me. You should be too (I think you are so GO GIRL!!)

Magda